Information And Communications Technology Advisor (Spanish) - Volunteer in Honduras
Location Comayaguela, Hondruas
Start Date Jul - Sep 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 8 Months
Language Requirements English, Spanish
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
As the Information and Communications Technology Advisor, you will be using your technical skills to support the Instituto Nacional de la Mujer (INAM) improve their internal and external communication systems. The Information and Communications Technology Advisor will use their computer and programming background to address INAM’s existing gaps – web design development, using databases for knowledge management, interactive flash, social media, and assisting preparing for workshops & training sessions, etc.
The ideal candidate will also possess an interest in supporting female empowerment through improved gender equality & social inclusion. INAM is an autonomous institution focused on coordinating advocacy work related to female issues and their barriers to economic growth. If you are passionate about women’s issues and would like to support INAM’s important mandate, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Be part of this initiative by sharing your technical skills, and let’s make a difference together!
As a volunteer, you will:
- Assess INAM’s current internal and external information and communications technology challenges.
- Create an Information and Communications Technology Strategic Plan on the specific areas that need improvement – website design, database for knowledge management, interactive flash, etc.
- Create an Information and Communications Technology manual for INAM staff.
- Update INAM’s social media outlets: website, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Support in the delivery of workshops, networking
events and activities of INAM.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
-University and/or College degree in Computer Science, Communications or another related field of study.
Essential Professional Background:
-2-3 years’ professional experience working in an information and technology communications role
-2-3 years’ professional experience in web design, database management, software development (interactive flash, etc.)
-Experience working with social media – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
-Experience preparing professional documents and report
-Experience supporting technical aspects of workshops, meetings, and training sessions