SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
About the Team
Be a part of the exciting world of IoT! SAP Leonardo IoT solutions enable businesses to embed the Internet of Things (IoT) into their line-of-business solutions, enhance business applications with IoT technology, and develop new business models based on their IoT data. And SAP is uniquely positioned to bring IoT data together with business processes. The SAP Leonardo IoT Edge product portfolio enables businesses to deploy powerful microservices at the edge of their networks – with robust offline capabilities to help gain domain-specific insights, monitor real-time events and actions, and execute enterprise business processes locally – even with intermittent connectivity. See the following URL for more information: https://www.sap.com/products/edge-services.html
As part of the SAP Leonardo IoT Edge software development team, you will focus on delivering cloud-managed intelligent edge microservices to reduce the gap between remote IoT machinery, connected workers and the highly-valued business transactions of SAP.
Our team is motivated by principles of user empathy, user experience, best-in-class technology, agile development, and multidisciplinary cooperation. Joining our team will give you a multi-stack development opportunity to apply your creativity while solving interesting and challenging problems with the industry's latest technology.
About the Job
As a key member of a growing and versatile team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Handle day-to-day administration of Cloud Services
- Upskill oneself and be a technical expert for the solution for all topics be it landscape setup, upgrade, troubleshooting, monitoring and minimizing disruption to customers.
- Respond to escalated customer service issues within the defined process with a high level of skill
- Invest in continuous learning via ongoing training and development of professional skill set
- Follow and contribute to Standard Operating Procedures for the system and proactively ramp up on new features released and collaborate/share knowledge on the same
- Be the topic owner and drive DevOps projects for the solution
- Become the go-to person for escalations, outages and any service issues
- Collaborate with the engineering teams and other technical experts to deliver on cloud projects like resilience, customer provisioning, landscape management, build pipelines, development infrastructure
- Maintain a strong focus on quality to ensure successful user experience and customer success
- Collaborate and work as part of a dynamic and motivated team
- Effectively communicate with local and remote teams
- Develop technical skills through mentoring and knowledge transfer and courses.
You are looking for more than just a job. You dream big and have a passion for creativity and fun combined with delivering reliable and well tested software that serves a purpose…all within a motivated team who strives for similar goals.
- Knowledge of Java, J2EE or relevant web frameworks
- 2+ years of experience in a technical support or operations team working on incident resolution, triage and support resolution
- Knowledge of network issues (firewall, routing, load balancing) and familiarity with network concepts and deployment architectures
- Basic troubleshooting of issues on Linux
- Experience with JSON, XML, YAML and other data interchange standards
- Experience working on databases, automation frameworks
- Experience with application installation/deployment and security configuration management
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Willingness and ability to handle on call/customer escalations
-Technical knowledge in the following areas is an asset:
- Working experience in managing services with distributed systems and cloud scale with strong automation skills
- At least 2-3 years of experience in using, operating and managing cloud infrastructures and services based on Cloud Foundry, AWS, GCP, Azure
- Relevant Industry Certification is a plus
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of cloud operations experience managing cloud solutions focused on resilience and high availability.
- Experience in incident management, triage and resolution handling customer support and communication
- Good understanding of cloud concepts and cloud technologies
SUCCESS AT SAP
Success means different things to different people, so we go to great lengths to ensure that all our employees have every chance to succeed - on their own terms. That’s because we firmly believe that your success leads to ours.
At SAP, we’re huge believers in work-life balance. With us, you’ll find job flexibility and career coaching, without compromising any of your valuable time at home.
SAP employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits:
• Commuter subsidy for your mass transit commute to work
• Lunch on Us meal subsidy
• Venngo discount program
• Free pop, juice, coffee, and tea
• Free daily fruit
• Foosball, pool, and ping pong tables on site
Oh, and did we mention you get to work with some of the most influential companies on the planet to revolutionize the world?
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.