Payroll Specialist, Mergers, 12 month contract
The HRSS Specialist, Payroll (Legal Entity Mergers) is responsible for ensuring that best practices are maintained throughout the legal entity merger process and that acquired employees are integrated into existing payroll operations in a seamless and efficient manner.
You Are Great At
- Achieves operational effectiveness by performing gap analysis on all payroll and benefit elements, documenting results of analysis and communicating impact to management level.
- Identify new elements and implement required functionality into existing payroll operations.
- Coordinate related set up activities with Payroll Specialists and Benefits Specialists
- Works in cooperation with the Project Management team, adhering to project plans, including milestone tracking, change management planning, risk analysis and escalation reporting
- Liaise with key stakeholders and attend weekly project update calls
- Prepare and execute on testing plans, ensuring desired results are achieved
- Make recommendations for processing efficiency and enhance service offerings
- Use insight gained through integration efforts recommend standardization of payroll processing. This involves working with various groups throughout the company, investigating, analyzing and interpreting data from diverse sources.
What It Takes
- 6-9 years of mostly relevant experience
- CPM certification through the CPA
- Excellent knowledge of payroll processes
- Experience in Canadian and US payroll is a must
- Strong English oral and written communications with ability to communicate effectively on the telephone, and in group and face-to-face, one-on-one settings
- Strong issue resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
- Detailed oriented
- Flexible and receptive to change
- Organized with an ability to balance multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Experience in the following software packages:
- Outsourced payroll packages (SAP Payroll or Globalview required.)
- SAP HCM
- Financial systems (MSD GP, Oracle, etc)
- Microsoft Office – MS Project in particular