At ESCRYPT, we believe that security and privacy are important, no matter the size of the device. We are passionate about bringing security and peace of mind to an increasingly connected and data-driven world. We use our breadth and depth of experience and our combined abilities to give our customers the edge they need against ever-evolving threats. The autonomous car is upon us. Cars connect to everything — each other, traffic lights, smartphones, your favorite music streaming service, you name it. Ever wonder how those automotive systems and their data are protected? We do. Our technology is helping keep your data secure and out of the wrong hands. From the smallest micro-controllers to cloud-based infrastructure, we build solutions that let our customers sleep well at night. From the US Department of Transportation to car manufacturers and innovative local startups, our customers do exciting things and we want to help them reach their goals without sacrificing security.
As an Operations Engineer at ESCRYPT Waterloo, you will be working on solving tomorrow’s problems today. By joining the team that is at the forefront of the exciting new advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) technologies, you will be working with some very talented people and you’ll be constantly challenged to push yourself and improve your skills. We will combine our security expertise and automotive know-how alongside your expertise in backend technologies to deliver solutions that will drive the Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) communications industry.
About the job
It is an exciting time to join us as the industry is currently transitioning to bring V2X technology into deployable production ready systems. We are positioned to be one of the leading providers and are actively working towards keeping that position.
You will be joining the CycurV2X group that is developing V2X technologies that will be used across the globe to service millions of vehicles. The teams in the group are highly efficient and collaborative agile teams that work together to develop products they can be proud of. If you want to join a team that is open, collaborative, innovative, and at the forefront of technology, then this is the team for you.
Reporting to the CycurV2X Development Manager at our Waterloo site you would have ownership over critical infrastructure which drives our CI/CD systems and processes. You would also take the lead in maintaining customer facing environments for our CycurV2X-SCMS product. This role would cover the disciplines of site reliability engineering, infrastructure engineering and developer productivity.
- Collaborate with other teams to understand their needs with regards to their CI/CD process
- Maintaining our CI/CD infrastructure which is used by multiple teams both locally and remotely
- Maintaining our customer Software as a Service (SaaS) environments with regards to deployments, OS updates and Product Updates
- Work as part of the engineering team to build and scale distributed, multi-region systems
- Be the point person to handle communication with customers
- Develop tools, frameworks and processes to help deliver a state-of-the-art CI/CD pipeline
- Investigate and resolve production issues
- 2+ years of hands on experience with enterprise level infrastructure management
- Maintaining an update schedule
- Applying emergency security patches
- Maintaining a production grade staging environment
- Proven backup and restore procedures
- Proficient in Linux administration
- 2+ years of experience in deploying, maintaining and administering the typical tools you would find which supports CI/CD infrastructure
- Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Gerrit, Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory, JFrog XRay, Sonatype Nexus, SonarQube (no need to have experience with all)
- 2+ years of experience with scripting languages such as Python and Groovy
- 2+ years of experience with tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- 2+ years of experience with provisioning systems such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- 2+ years of experience with cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
Why do people work at ESCRYPT Waterloo?
Musings from 4 year employee:
“I have a lot of creative work and flexibility. I have variety in the type of work I do. My hours are mine to distribute as I see the need and based on how I can help the team. I have the ability to work with a variety of teams. We use processes that allow us to innovate or kill quickly.”
- David G.
Observations from a new employee:
“I enjoy working at Escrypt because of the collaborative atmosphere where teams collectively solve challenging problems. I appreciate how the work we put in delivers a smarter, safer future. Most of all, I love how the people here are not only intelligent and fun, but also personable, and honest.”
- Joyce Y.
Want to learn more about products developed at ESCRYPT Waterloo?
Explore links below
Perfectly Keyless : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btBrfIrJNCI