The A/P Coordinator – Employee Expenses will work within the centralized Accounts Payable department supporting Descartes’ global operations. The A/P Coordinator – Employee Expenses will be responsible for preparing, verifying and processing expense reports for all employees globally. The A/P Coordinator will work closely with the Global Manager, Accounts Payable and various other members of the Descartes Finance team in completing the responsibilities of the role. We are seeking an assertive, adaptable individual with a proven record of delivering results under pressure, who will thrive as both a team player and as an individual contributor.
The successful candidate will have the following job responsibilities:
- Process employee expense reports accurately and ensure payment on a timely basis.
- Review employee expense reports for consistent application and adherence to Descartes’ policies.
- Maintain ongoing communications with employees worldwide to ensure a consistent understanding of Descartes’ policies.
- Complete month end closing process.
- Ensure billable employee expenses are identified to ensure customers are appropriately invoiced.
- Reconciliation of corporate AMEX charges relative to re-billable charges.
- Application of accounts payable policies and procedures and ability to explain to internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform investigations for required data and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma with a concentration in accounting or finance or equivalent work experience.
- Technical aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to focus on tasks at hand and multi-task when necessary.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Focused attention to detail.
Additional assets include:
- Experience with SAP or other similar ERP application.
- Experience with Concur.
- Previous accounts payable or employee expense processing experience.
- Previous experience working in a multi-currency environment.
- Prior experience in an office environment, including data entry.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, specifically MS Excel.
- Additional languages would be an asset.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org citing “A/P Coordinator – Employee Expenses” in the subject of your message. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.
Descartes is committed to equity and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, ancestry, age, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, citizenship, ethnic origin, family or marital status. If you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process or would like a copy of this job posting in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-419-8495.