Configuration Management Specialist
Configuration Management Specialist
About the Position
Supporting the Engineering team, the Configuration Management Specialist maintains and updates engineering documentation. This role coordinates the review and revision of procedures, product specifications, assembly documentation as well as Engineering Change Notices. This role requires a service-oriented team player who can work with different departments across the company to manage the end-to-end Engineering Control Management Process function.
As a Configuration Management Specialist you will:
- Ensure proper maintenance, documentation, and release of technical documents in the Aeryon’s Document Control System
- Evaluate the current documentation system and implement streamlined document control guidelines and improvements
- Chair and lead the change review board meetings
- Develop and conduct training regarding controlled document format and content
- Coordinate document change activities between departments and prioritize Document Control workload
- Work with managers to ensure document control needs are planned and met
- Implement ECO changes to Bill of Materials (BOM’s), Manufacturing Process Instructions, and potentially SolidWorks models and drawings
- Creation and maintenance of all development and production part numbers, BOM’s, and supporting data
- Administer the engineering PLM platform
- Administer, manage, and report upon all company change management workflows (ECO/ECR, etc).
- Other duties as assigned
You want to work for a technology company that is innovative and growing, meaning you are hands on and thinking at the same time “Think, then do”. You see your success through the overall performance of the company and its reputation. You are comfortable working with cross functional teams and supporting your colleagues to help everyone get things done right. You thrive on challenge and learning but most of all, you want to be a part of something and see the results of you and your colleagues work.
What You Bring
- 5+ years in the document control field working in engineering development and manufacturing environments
- Post-secondary education in Project Management, Business, or related discipline
- Expert-level knowledge of commonly used document control concepts (change control and revision control etc.), practices, and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of multi-level Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Comprehensive knowledge of BOM structure and change control processes
- Intermediate systems knowledge of ERP systems (specifically PLM), MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, and flow-charting
- Good interpersonal and training skills
- Ability to work independently, resolve issues without detailed direction, and works well as part of a team
- Ability to accurately and efficiently work on multiple projects within strict deadlines
- Ability to develop cross functional business processes including engineering, production, supply chain, quality, finance, etc.
- Excellent organizational, proofreading, editing and technical writing skills
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve document control related issues
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process please call (519) 489-6726.