Smile is the largest provider of reward programs in the world. We reward tens of millions of people every year, and power rewards programs for thousands of businesses around the world. We’ve got big scaling plans in 2019 and beyond - we need amazing talent to achieve our goals and you get to be the one to find them and bring them to Smile!
As Smile’s Recruiter, you’ll own and execute on a strategy to build a pipeline of technical and non-technical talent. You’ll build our brand as a top employer, both locally and internationally. You’ll demonstrate every day how much we care about our candidates - by prioritizing your work appropriately, setting clear expectations and keeping them informed every step of the way. You’ll creatively leverage limited resources, including your own network, to reach the right candidates, then share your excitement for our culture and growth potential to win them over.
- Build a pipeline of technical talent to add at least 1 new developer per month to the team
- Develop proactive sourcing strategies to engage and nurture a pipeline of passive talent
- Own content development strategies for recruitment-focused social media accounts including @lifeatsmile Instagram, Glassdoor, Facebook etc.
- Deliver a fantastic candidate experience - it will be your responsibility to make interviewing at Smile.io truly rewarding for each and every individual we meet with
- Partner with teams to deeply understand their objectives and define recruiting strategies to address them
- Train hiring managers on recruitment and hiring processes, including effective interviewing
- Focus on building an engineering pipeline for the future by connecting with technical talent at schools across Canada
- Engage Smile staff in recruitment support - borrowing excitement and knowledge from team members who can help you share Smile’s message
- Review resumes, cultivate referrals, and pre-screen candidates while moving the interview process forward in a timely manner
- Provide honest, direct feedback to all of the candidates we interview - we pride ourselves on not ghosting anyone, nor giving them the “we’ve chosen someone else” reason for not moving forward
What we’re seeking:
- Relentless drive to find and connect with the best talent
- An analytical thinker who can use data and market insights to refine strategies and iterate for continuous improvement of the recruitment process
- A passion for helping people find the right opportunities, not just putting bums in seats
- A creative thinker who isn’t afraid to experiment with tactics
Traits or experience we’d love to see (you don’t need them all to apply!):
- Some experience with technical recruitment
- Event-planning, both large and small
- An eye for detail and a tendency to quadruple check your work (you should mention this in your cover letter)
- Ambition & sense of urgency - you have goals & you can move fast to achieve them
- Self-motivation - you love learning on the fly (if you need step by step instructions to be comfortable, this is not the team for you!)
- Self-confidence without ego - strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passion for creating awesome experiences and finding people roles they love
What’s it like to work at Smile.io?
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. You’ll be working with some amazing talent and you'll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where you’ll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. It’s not an easy process, but we think you’ll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
As a team, we’re driven by these core values:
- Be Humble - think of the team before thinking of yourself. We have no room for massive egos.
- Be Hungry - set hard goals, ask lots of questions and learn every day.
- Be Human - show empathy towards others, consider the impact of your decisions on other teams.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind - from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.