READ THIS FIRST:
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
— Robert Heinlein, Time Enough For Love
If you have a strong desire and willingness to learn and lead, this is the role you’re looking for. We have a growing team and are looking to bring on a Senior Software Developer to provide expertise and direction to the team.
You’ll be working with the CTO, DevOps, and the Dev team to manage the software development life-cycle, architect and implement new features, improve existing products, and increase automation.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Participate in the software design + architecture process.
- Work with the Dev team to ensure development methodologies are followed.
- Develop, test, and implement new product features and automation.
Here are the skills you need:
- Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of full-stack experience developing web applications.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- You shouldn’t have to be told what to do next, you just do it.
- Desire to work / learn / mentor about all parts of the stack.
- Bonfire is made up of both start-up veterans and newbies. Our diverse team has been involved with companies from traffic tech to mobile messengers to breweries to engineering firms to tech giants.
- Bonfire is a Y-Combinator graduate company, the best start-up incubator in the world. We remain deeply connected with both the Waterloo tech scene and Silicon Valley.
- Bonfire is a VC-backed start-up (and growing quickly like one should).
- Bonfire hires the best people… and to us ‘best’ means driven, passionate, and also nice.
- Our product is awesome and our customers love it (see their reviews here).
- Email your cover letter and resume to Talent@GoBonfire.com.
- In your email, tell us about a time that you ‘hacked’ a system for your advantage, or otherwise found a shortcut or an easier way to some goal.
- Recruiters: Sorry, we only deal with applicants directly!