Do you thrive on crafting just the right turn of phrase? Do you get a thrill out of searching for the best words to create interesting, thought-provoking content? Does your dream job involve researching and writing for the majority of your day? If so, look no further. As an Instructional Designer, you will design and create content for a broad range of micro topics.
If You Enjoy:
- Learning from the best. Our leaders support us, develop us and help us become our best. Our open door and transparent culture nurtures everyone to build their career and develop their skills.
- Working in a modern workplace. We are fast-paced, constantly evolving, and flexible to change. We love our work, but we also love our lives outside of work and Axonify supports this balance.
- Collaborating. We believe our ideas are better together and we encourage trust, respect and authenticity to support each other. The Axoni-fam collectively celebrates successes and learns from each other to be even better.
- Being Bold. If you like to challenge convention and be tenacious in the face of uncertainty, Axonify is the place to balance never giving up but respecting when to let go.
- Getting It Done. We work hard through perseverance and taking ownership, but because of our phenomenal positive attitude, we ALWAYS have fun along the way.
You'll Be Successful At:
- Transforming source content into micro-learning content to be delivered through the Axonify platform.
- Developing engaging learning questions to increase cognitive understanding.
- Evaluating client content against Axonify’s unique methodology.
- Researching, creating, and organizing content in logical learning sequences.
- Working comfortably with clients to ensure the instructional design meets their business needs.
- Designing and creating e-learning training modules and videos for micro topics.
Because You Bring:
- University degree focused in Writing, English, or Communications, or equivalent combination of education & experience. Adult Education or related qualification is an asset.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of writing experience at a B2B organization or media outlet.
- Experience conducting independent research to bridge knowledge gaps.
- Experience designing and developing e-learning modules or videos using Captivate or Adobe Cloud Products an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Experience engaging and communicating with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, managing multiple priorities, while adhering to project timelines.
- Creativity and an attention to detail to ensure accuracy and quality of deliverables.
- Being enthusiastic, flexible, and passionate, demonstrating a commitment to quality and customer service.
- Superior writing, editing, and communication skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively to achieve outcomes.
Who we are:
We are a Waterloo-based SaaS software company that is revolutionizing the corporate learning game with Axonify-the only microlearning platform proven to drive business performance. How do we do it? By turning each individual employee into a consistent performer who knows and does the right things at work. The best part? People love to learn with Axonify, and they participate voluntarily! Axonify is helping build more knowledgeable workforces who drive business results for big name customers like Walmart, Bloomingdale’s & John Hancock.
What are the ingredients to our success? A strong leadership team, an industry-leading product, a culture built on trust and most importantly – an extraordinary group of employees. By expanding our team with smart, motivated people we will continue to lead the way in this new & exciting space.
How to apply:
Have we intrigued you? Apply to learn more!