The telecom industry has far too long been dominated by the big, the bureaucratic and the unimaginative. Now is the time for someone to take this industry on with something better.
We are a software company in a carrier world – changing the industry by providing what others cannot - a better user experience, better customer service, continual innovation, and most importantly – transparent pricing.
We are seeking a Director for our Infrastructure Engineering Team at TextNow. The Infrastructure team’s mission is to ensure that our engineers can iterate securely, reliably, and efficiently and ensure our users receive the highest quality and reliable product. We craft technologies and solutions that allow our developers to focus on building the best product in the world. Do you love to lead teams while innovating with cloud-native products and improve the velocity of an entire developer community? Do you love to ensure that engineers can deliver the highest quality product to our users?
In this role it will be your job to help drive engineering and strategy for our existing products as well as TextNow as a whole. You are also expected to educate and grow the engineers on your team as and help teach others across our organization to see the vision you help us create.
Strong technical skill, customer central experience, and business acumen is a must.
Join us to make a BIG impact as part of the disrupting force that's changing telecommunications forever.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management.
- You’ll lead the team’s delivery, planning, and technology strategy.
- You’ll work closely with the Talent Acquisition team to hire and onboard engineers
- You’ll help to cultivate technical best practices and foster a culture of sustainable tech health
- You’ll help build and grow the TextNow Engineering Brand
Who You Are:
- You’re passionate about distributed systems and/or data processing and love to have impact on large-scale tech problems
- You’re experienced as a tech lead and people manager
- You’re passionate about transformational leadership and bottoms-up culture, invested in developing both great engineers and great teams
- You’ve applied agile and lean principles to solve problems at scale
- You have supported production-grade systems from idea to launch
- Quality is in your DNA and you drive quality in everything you do.
- You are interested in driving change through a product which makes a difference.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years managing managers
- 2+ years experience managing teams
- Experience building platform Services
- Experience in both small (less than $1M/year) and large (more than $1B/year) products
- Impactful work
- Professional development
- TextNow-powered smartphone
- Competitive total compensation package
- Catered breakfast & lunch
- Onsite personal trainer, massage therapist, and Yoga instructor!
TextNow is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and creating a barrier-free environment. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws. Please let us know if you have an accessibility need at email@example.com