The telecom industry has far too long been dominated by the big, the bureaucratic and the unimaginative. Now is the time for someone to take this industry on with something better.
We are a software company in a carrier world - changing the industry by providing what others cannot - a better user experience, better customer service, continual innovation, and most importantly – transparent pricing.
TextNow is looking for a smart, motivated Intermediate or Senior Backend Engineer who is eager to learn, and is passionate about contributing.
TextNow's backend team uses cutting edge technologies like cloud computing, Golang, micro-services via gRPC, high performing databases, streaming and queueing. We manage hundreds of millions of user interactions and terabytes of raw data in real-time. We are extending the capabilities of our in-house platform to streamline calling experience into a wholistic and refined user experience. As a senior backend engineer, you will gain real world experience in building scalable and high performing systems and in creating an industry leading solution for affordable telecommunications.
Join us to make a BIG impact as part of the disrupting force that's changing telecommunications forever.
What you will do:
- Be part of larger architecture rewrites
- Design and build new features for TextNow
- Performance diagnostics and tuning
- Production problem investigation and resolution
- Maintain and refactor production codebase
- Perform as tech lead in full-cycle product focused project groups
- Proficient in Golang or other strongly typed language
- Proficient in cloud computing, preferably experiences in AWS
- PHP, Ruby (Old stack) is a plus as we actively moving away from them
- Ability to apply design principles and methodologies for building scalable and high-performance backend components
- Experience with relational and nonrelational databases
- Experience with microservices, REST api
- Experience with telecommunication (calling/messaging) is a major asset
- Impactful work
- Professional development
- TextNow-powered smartphone
- Competitive total compensation package
- Catered breakfast & lunch
- Onsite personal trainer, massage therapist, and Yoga instructor!
TextNow is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and creating a barrier-free environment. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws. Please let us know if you have an accessibility need at email@example.com