Director of Sales
Who we are:
We are a Waterloo-based technology company that is revolutionizing the corporate learning game with Axonify - the world’s first Employee Knowledge Platform. Combining an award-winning approach to microlearning, innovative knowledge-on-demand capabilities, and elements of gamification to drive engagement, Axonify is helping build more knowledgeable workforces who drive business results for big name clients like Walmart, Bloomingdale’s & Toyota.
What are the ingredients to our success? A strong leadership team, an industry-leading product, a culture built on trust and most importantly – an extraordinary group of employees. By expanding our team with smart, motivated people we will continue to lead the way in this new & exciting space.
Who we are looking for:
The Director of Sales is an individual contributor role that has responsibility for a specific vertical and territory focused on Retail, Workplace Safety, Call Centres and Professional Sales. Our head office is located in Waterloo, ON but the role is open to both local and remote candidates (including the United States). The Director of Sales will be tenacious, driven and confident in selling Axonify’s Employee Knowledge Platform. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to sell SaaS to an enterprise. This individual will have a track record of being able to take a warm lead, create a buying vision, clearly articulate a value proposition and navigate to power in the enterprise. The Sales Director will have experience helping to penetrate a new market with a technology that’s still building brand awareness and won’t be afraid of uncharted territory. Achieve goals defined within your territory by establishing new name accounts as per Axonify’s sales methodology and compensation plan.
- Ambition to perform in a fast-paced, sales-oriented environment
- Confident and self-assured with ability to understand and clearly articulate customer business need and ROI
- Persuasive, strong-willed and persistent with ability to sell a Learning Solution that presents as a new and disruptive market opportunity to traditional learning solutions
- Masterfully use a Solution Selling and Challenger approach to negotiate and close deals
- Present and demonstrate the Axonify Solution to potential prospects by traveling to the customer site or via electronic presentation if appropriate.
- Work in co-operation with the business development and marketing team to establish and grow your pipeline through target outbound strategies
- Maintain a pipeline of qualified prospects sufficient to achieve quota on a consistent basis (monthly, quarterly, annually).
- Create Proposals and quotations for qualified prospects and lead RFP process for prospects
- Track activities in Salesforce and work with management to create a sales growth plan
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through ongoing training; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Manage the negotiation and contract process
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of practical enterprise sales experience in the eLearning or related industries
- Demonstrated experience using a Solution Selling/Challenger approach selling SaaS software
- A record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable sales role
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, with proven history of meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Demonstrable experience in developing client relationships, prospecting and negotiation skills, with the ability to take an opportunity from lead through to close
- Territory management experience
- Demonstrated presentation skills