Intellijoint Surgical® develops and commercializes surgical navigation solutions. Our flagship product, intellijoint HIP® provides surgeons with real-time, intraoperative measurements to ensure proper positioning of orthopaedic implants during Total Hip Arthroplasty. Our commitment to develop solutions that are accessible, fast, and easy-to-use drives clinical results. Intellijoint is setting the new standard in miniature 3D surgical navigation.
Be passionate about the product, connect to the end user and manage the potential…
The Product Manager is someone who is passionate about the products we develop and deliver. You will ensure that our current products are fulfilling the true needs of our customers and patients and identify new product opportunities. You will also work collaboratively across functions on product definition, positioning and providing effective selling tools necessary to aggressively accelerate the sales cycle and ensure that the product competes effectively in its key markets.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Market definition, analysis and positioning;
- Identification of market opportunities and regulatory constraints;
- Establish relationships with luminaries;
- Establish familiarity with and access to competitive products; and
- Monitor competitive activities.
Management of Product Releases
- Coordinate product release and product upgrade activities, including all internal pre- communications and all customer communications and related materials;
- Work with MedEd to oversee all training related to new products internally for pre-launch and externally for rollout of training to customers; and
- Work cross-functionally to assist in technical documentation efforts for the product including manuals, release notes and related materials, and with production and operations roll out activities.
Conveying the “Voice of the Customer”
- Undertake market research, including input from sales force, channels, customers and luminary sites, suppliers, and others to define market needs, product priorities and leverage our competitive advantages;
- Collect market needs analysis to inform the R&D team’s development of the product line and associated applications through establishment of clear marketing requirement documents;
- Actively solicit and track a customer satisfaction;
- Be aware of customer and channel complaints and requests, and the company’s front-line competitive position, to develop new product and service advancement strategies; and
- Work with MedEd to deliver regularly scheduled product and competitive training sessions for sales team and distributors.
- Support sales team in conferences, trade shows and developing new sites;
- Support engineering in VIP demonstrations and discussions;
- Support clinical and other field teams during product implementation; and
- Support of initial launch of products in the field at luminary accounts and gather and triage their ongoing feedback for future product enhancement.
- Generate messaging and content for downstream product marketing activities, including brochures, training materials, whitepapers, and others; and
- Work cross functionally with Operations to own Product Life Cycle management beyond development and implementation of product launches, including product phase outs and product support and maintenance plans, forecasting etc.
What does success look like in this role?
- Significantly increased slope of adoption and ongoing usage of Intellijoint products;
- Healthy profit margins are maintained;
- Clear product roadmap, and commercial launch strategy established.
Skills, Experience and Specialized Knowledge:
- University Degree in business, marketing, kinesiology, biomedical engineering, health sciences or a related field
- 3+ years of product management experience with a technical product
- 3+ years working with medical devices in some capacity is preferred
- Experience working with emerging technologies
- Strong business acumen
- Strong ability to communicate professionally within the organization and with end users of the product
- Knowledge of anatomy is an asset
- Experience with product management in a United States market is preferred
- Ability to travel within North America up to 30 – 50% of the time; travel documentation is required
- Analytical abilities