Why join Igloo:
Igloo is a leading provider of digital workplace solutions, helping companies build inspiring digital destinations where employees can access the information, tools, and expertise they need to do their best work, from wherever they are. The Igloo platform provides a seamless work experience that brings together content and conversation for a more productive and engaged workforce.
Why this role is important:
Igloo is looking for a Cloud Administrator to join their IT Team. This role will give you the opportunity to work with many different technologies in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will be responsible for creating initiatives to improve the overall stability of the system and provide troubleshooting. Overtime, due to your proactive nature the need for troubleshooting will decline, as you implement proactive measures.
With your experience, you will be able to identify defects and troubleshoot effectively. You’re resourceful but also know when to seek support from your team. Collaborating with various teams comes naturally to you and you have seen successful projects through from initiation to close.
The impact you’ll have:
- Process Improvement: continuous updates to deployment documentation as processes improve and change. Leverage industry best practices in defining and tuning appropriate on-demand cloud deployment architectures
- Manage: manage cloud deployments with cloud administration tools and management frameworks. Proactively work on assigned tasks while coordinating the work effort with the team
- Teamwork: work cross functionally with Engineering, Support and Marketing to design, develop, test and implement cloud deployments
- Problem Solve: investigate and troubleshoot server and web application performance. Leverage your experience to find the root cause of defects and work to proactively address them. Identify, implement and support application monitoring solutions for cloud deployments
- Automate: identify areas where we can automate routine cloud deployment, administration, and monitoring tasks
- Project Work: communicate and work effectively with internal and external stakeholders during deployment projects. Accurately scope project requirements and delivery timelines
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant experience in enterprise application deployment experience
- Experience with cloud platforms, visualization platforms and containers (Azure services, Kubernetes & VMWare, PaaS, IaaS, SaaS)
- Prior experience in hands-on troubleshooting of complex systems problems that includes capacity planning and performance tuning, reliability or high availability initiatives
- Experience migrating and scaling from on-premises to the cloud
- Experience scaling web apps including auto scaling
- Strong Experience with the scripting language PowerShell and Ansible
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously
- Self- starter with track record of initiating process improvement and automation
- Strong attention to detail
- Bonus Points:
- Experience in security protection HIPAA, SOC2, ISO, FISMA, NIST
- Experience in networking using F5
- Strong experience with MSSQL Database administration and troubleshooting
Tech Stack (brownie points!):
- Windows/CentOS, IIS, MSSQL, Kafka, Redis, Solr, F5, ELK, Jira, Stash, WAF, APM, SAML, LDAP
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee and tea, treats every pay day, and an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, and we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes their work easier.
You own the work you do. Your decisions are yours, and you’re evaluated on results. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative organization where everyone has a voice – there’s no such thing as a bad idea.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about Igloo Software