QA Lead Engineer
We are changing the way utilities manage our most precious resource: water. We provide water utilities with an Artificial Intelligence driven platform to help their staff make smarter decisions in real-time when operating their critical processes (i.e. water treatment, pumping etc). In doing so, we’re able to help utilities drive down their costs, enhance reliability and reduce risks to public safety.
We are thinking about the future, too. We are reimagining how the operational staff of the 21st century will interact with their critical infrastructure.
The Right Candidate
We are looking for impact-minded people – those who are passionate about making the world a better place through Artificial Intelligence. We are looking for ambitious, energetic, and talented individuals to help us scale up our platform as we embark on a phase of steep business growth. You will have the opportunity to build mission critical systems for global high profile clients using cutting-edge cloud technologies in an agile environment.
What You'll Do
- Create, own and lead QA Strategy across the Products at EMAGIN
- Create test plans and test cases from feature descriptions by Product Management and discussion with Engineers
- Drive testing automation, scripting and regression testing
- Execute manual and automated test cases, analyze results, report and track defects, verify fixes and perform follow-up work to resolve issues.
- Track and analyze support and field regression data to identify new policies and procedures necessary to ensure high quality releases
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Ensure that test environments are maintained and remain "Fit for purpose" for the programme of project deliverables
What You'll Need
- University degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a software QA role
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize work
- Understanding of testing automation, scripting, regression testing and commonly used tools
- Understanding of software release process, particularly Agile methodologies
- Highly self-motivated top performer
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication (written & verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated customer and quality focus
Why we think you will love working with us.
Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world. Have a big impact at an early-stage, VC-backed software startup. Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs and technologists creating socially-mindful technology.
Other perks include:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Monthly social events
- Flexible hours
- Centrally located at the Tannery District in Ontario's Start-up city alongside Google, D2L, Shopify.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge and you have the relevant experience to take them on, get in touch! Please apply with your résumé/CV and any links (Github)/attachments about relevant projects and related work.