Demo Inventory Clerk
At Christie, we give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. The results can be amazing!
We keep raising the bar by consistently setting the standards and being first to market with some of the world’s most advanced projectors and complete system displays. Christie is recognized as one of the most innovative visual technology companies in the world and offers careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
The Demo Inventory Clerk is responsible to prepare, inspect, repair and coordinate movement of demonstration equipment within the demo warehouse. This includes providing support to the Americas Demo Team via direct interaction by telephone, electronic mail, and in person contact. The position will also maintain the demo equipment and demo area to ensure clean and safe working conditions.
- Inspect demo inventory to ensure it is properly performing as received and/or sent out. Conduct general maintenance repairs, refurbishing of Demo pool equipment as needed. Also check for missing and damaged equipment and follows up with the appropriate contact.
- Organization of the physical demo inventory.
- Track all of the demo gear within the Demo Warehouse and Service centers.
- Ensure demo equipment is maintained in an “as new” condition and refresh in order to maintain this condition.
- Preparation and quality control of equipment for requested demos.
- Coordinate, pack, label and ship equipment for demo or trade show usage.
- Cycle counting of demo products and maintain inventory accuracy.
- Maintain personal workspace and demo equipment area to ensure safe and clean working conditions.
- Manage/coordinate the shipment of repair parts in conjunction with the appropriate Christie Departments (Tech Support/Repair/Customer Service/Warehouse).
- Respond to requests of the Global Demo teams to prepare gear ready for demo shipment.
- Diploma in Technology, Business or related discipline with 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Customer focused
- Ability to work well with others
- Able to interpret technical information
- Troubleshooting experience knowing which questions to ask
- Knowledge of inventory control
- Experience with distribution and transportation processes
- Familiar with logistics such as Fed X, UPS, Truck and Air freight
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards and MS Office and Outlook.
- Valid drivers license
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening. Christie engages a third party vendor to complete all background screening. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.