Senior QA Analyst
At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Reports To: Manager Solution Quality, Enterprise Web and Mobile Development
Department: IT Enterprise Digital Services
We are looking for an intermediate or a senior QA Analyst to join our team. You might be a good fit if you feel inspired by bringing new ideas forward while rolling up your sleeves to help in every aspect of project delivery. If you have passion and expertise in software quality, we want you to have an impact on our testing processes.
What we offer:
- We care about a healthy work/life balance and employee wellness. We want you to enjoy your life outside of work
- We have a great bonus structure and generous vacation allowance
- We care about your career and foster a culture of learning. We provide dedicated time to improve your skills, lunch and learns, online and live courses, knowledge sharing between team members, and many more opportunities
- We value open, honest communication between team members, challenging each other to continually improve
- We take our work seriously, but ourselves a little less so. Events are planned throughout the year to celebrate our successes, be it backyard BBQs, bowling, or game nights
- We have a company subsidized cafeteria with a variety of daily options
- We offer flexible work arrangements and remote work arrangements for those who meet the distance qualification. We also give an additional day off each year so that you can spend that time helping a charitable organization
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with developers and testers to test web applications and manage defects
- Work proactively to constantly improve quality of web based application and ensuring functionality meets business needs and standards
- Participate in manual and ad-hoc testing of web applications and integrated systems.
- Design, develop and maintain automation test scripts using MS Visual Studio
- Contribute to the development and execution of test cases that measure application performance against benchmarks
- Ongoing investigation, diagnosis and debugging of software issues to enhance customer experience
- Performs other job-related duties and activities as requested.
What you’ll need:
- Five (5) or more years of software testing experience, test case creation, test execution, and defect tracking
- One (1+) years of experience writing and maintaining test automation
- Understanding of and experience with multiple QA testing methodologies
- Prior experience with web automation using Selenium WebDriver and automation testing frameworks.
- Prior experience with test automation frameworks for mobile web applications, such as Katalon
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle and experience with agile methodology
- Proven ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in order to achieve aggressive deadlines
- Experience in the insurance and financial services industry would be an asset
- A passion for quality and effectiveness
- Bachelor's degree or College diploma in Computer Science field.
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at email@example.com if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.