InvestorCOM is seeking individuals to apply for the position of Software Developer for InvestorCOM's IT Delivery Team. You will be playing a key role in the implementing, testing and maintenance of our various web/cloud based software systems which demands an individual who can think on their feet, understands high performance and scalable distributed application design approaches, can embrace solid technical leadership and can contribute projects through all phases from Requirements gathering, Functional and Design specification, Implementation, Deployment and Decommissioning.
As a Software Developer, you'll be participating in every step of the development cycle. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing new web applications, APIs with high-performance, reusable code.
- Collaborating with and takes direction from Technical Lead and subject matter experts in the technical assessment of new designs and development work
- Debugging and refactoring existing code.
- Participate in code and system reviews during projects to ensure quality and appropriate design patterns are followed.
- Ensuring proper documentation and testing coverage.
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software.
- Implementing industry proven technical design patterns and best practices
- Working with client stakeholders, gather requirements, and translate into a technical specification and delivering solution meeting the specification
- Provides technical support for production issues; troubleshoots problems and takes corrective action on a timely, effective basis.
- Ability to adapt quickly to fast-paced changing environment and priorities
- Motivation to take ownership of tasks and the determination to drive them to completion.
- Be a part in achieving the organization’s technical vision, contributing to all aspects of the technology development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or closely related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years overall IT software development experience
- Good organizational abilities; verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid experience with Object Oriented Principles
- Strong skills with
- C# ASP.NET 4.6 and over
- ASP.NET MVC, Web Services such as RestAPI, WCF
- T/SQL with MS SQL Server 2008/2012 technology
Automated unit testing tools such as Microsoft Test, NUnit or other GIT and TFS or Azure DevOp Good skills with DOM, HTML5, and CSS Good understanding in all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) 2+ years of Agile experience Nice to have:
- Experience in application development with Microservices Architecture
- SQL Server Reporting and Integration Services 2005/2008
We are a growing, highly entrepreneurial services company. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who will “own” operations, knows inherently what is required to be successful in the role and has the leadership skills to engage others within the organization to help drive our business forward.
What’s in it for you?
At InvestorCOM, we define our success by what we help others achieve. We were created to support our clients and through our products, services and solutions to protect and strengthen their brands. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual. InvestorCOM offers:
- An award-winning company: Employee Recommended Workplace 2018 & 2019; Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employer 2018; and Hamilton-Niagara Top Employer 2018 & 2019
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including, profit sharing, RSP matching program, group benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative and high-performing team
- A strong focus on personal learning and development to help you reach your professional development goals
- A platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associate and management