We are seeking an experienced Vulkan Developer to help create and improve our safety critical embedded graphics and compute drivers. CoreAVI is a highly successful safety critical solution provider and has led the definition of enabling standards such as the OpenGL SC 2.0 specifications. We are a key participant within the Khronos Group defining new safety critical graphics and compute standards, as well as members of the VITA hardware standards group. We pride ourselves on having a world class team which develops the safety certifiable products powering today’s and tomorrow’s most advanced avionics and embedded systems across the world. Our core values are family, quality, and team collaboration. Candidates must be self-driven, highly creative, and very resourceful.
Why Be Excited About this Position?
• You will get the opportunity to work on the lowest levels of software stack directly interfacing with hardware such as BSPs, chip initialization, programming the hardware to execute graphics operations, etc.
• You will get to work on challenging problems such parallel computing in safety certified environments
• You get to be at the forefront of new software and hardware development for avionics
• You will work with state of the art graphics and compute APIs such as Vulkan/OpenCL/OpenGL
• With a magnitude of projects, your role never gets stale. You will always be working with new hardware and new projects. Our drivers run on hundreds of different platforms.
• High end development systems to ensure you can get the most done in a way that works best for you
• Working for an amazing company, filled with talented people, who love cool technology
• Developing next generation and improving existing embedded graphics and compute drivers
• Customizing our products for new embedded hardware and real-time operating systems
• Profiling and optimizing drivers and applications
• Creating test cases and DO-178 and ISO26262 safety critical certification artifacts
• Writing and reviewing technical specifications
• Working as a team to produce reliable, high quality, safety critical solutions
• Experience in software development (C/C++)
• Experience with Vulkan graphics is crucial
• Outstanding verbal and written communication is crucial
• Experience with embedded operating systems (VxWorks, Integrity, Linux, Deos, etc.)
• Strong organization and technical skills
• Excellent analytical / problem solving skills
• Ingrained sense of accountability and ownership
• Continuous drive for learning, pushing technical limits, and finding new solutions
• Experience developing, debugging, and troubleshooting embedded Vulkan, OpenGL, or OpenCL drivers an asset
• Experience with DO-178 or ISO26262 software development an asset