If you’re a new engineering or computer science graduate looking for the right opportunity to start your career with a hyper-growth tech company that’s making a real difference in the world, then we have just the role for you.
We’re Swift Medical, a VC backed startup delivering the most advanced wound care management technology in the world. Our industry-leading software is used to help heal hundreds of wounds a day.
We care about what you bring to the table and want you to carve out your own place and path with us. If you’re a creative innovator, passionate about what you do, and have great technical cred, we want to hear from you!
We’re seeking a strong software engineer with generalist full stack development experience who can help us in a variety of roles, including internal tool development, CI pipelines and plumbing, test coverage, QA automation, and product development. In this position, you’ll work closely with the entire Engineering team to build features and tools to optimize all aspects of our software development life cycle. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Building software and internal tools to help provide robust test coverage and documentation
- Supporting other developers in building new features, products, pipelines, and engineering infrastructure
What you need to Qualify:
- Experience with Ruby / Rails or Python / Django or similar frameworks an asset;
- Knowledgeable of software engineering design patterns for encapsulation, testability, performance, and scalability;
- Experience with Node.js, React and Redux also an asset;
- Experience writing well-tested code (e.g. RSpec, FactoryGirl, Mocha, Jest, Cucumber);
- Solid fundamental understanding of web technologies including HTTP, REST APIs, Browser capabilities and limitations;
- Complete comfort with software development tools (git, JIRA, CI);
- Passion for developing high-quality code;
- You come with a proven ability to communicate effectively with management and technical teams as well as other business units. You’re a people-oriented individual.;
- You have strong problem-solving skills and an innovative approach to tackling challenges;
- You’re a self-starter with a strong work ethic;
- You’re comfortable working independently and you like to be productive;
- You sweat the details;
- You’re positive;
- You thrive in a dynamic environment. That means you’re not phased by multi-tasking, managing shifting priorities, or following through on projects with minimal supervision.
Working @ Swift Medical:
Other than the impact we’re making in the healthcare industry, the very best thing about Swift Medical is our people. What we’re working on is not only inspiring, it creates a close-knit team working in an energetic, collaborative, and positive atmosphere.
This is an entry-level position at our downtown Toronto headquarters, just walking distance from Queen station. You’ll be equipped with the latest and greatest technology. We offer competitive compensation, plus an employee stock option program. There’s also great benefits, vacation and all the fun perks you’d expect from a venture-backed startup.