Position: IT Support and Junior DevOps Engineer
At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence™, SSIMWAVE™ is built on an Engineering Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience™ to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment and MVPD (Multichannel Video Programming Distributor) industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video. Join our profitable scale-up with opportunities for career growth in both depth and breadth of experience.
You are passionate about making the complex simple -- for your customers and colleagues. You are motivated to apply DevOps principles and best practices to all IT Support activities. You thrive in a highly intellectual, agile, and scaling environment that challenges you to deliver the best. You are curious about new technology and have a strong desire to help others succeed. Your can-do attitude and team player approach reflects our culture and desire to be amazing!
Primary IT Support responsibilities:
Although IT Support will be your primary responsibility, we want the work to be done in the spirit of DevOps best practices such as: Infrastructure as Code, immutable infrastructure, and reducing toil through automation.
- Be the primary support for all employee computer and network support issues for a variety of Operating Systems: 70% Linux, 15% Windows, 15% macOS
- Manage all software licenses
- Set up and maintain all meeting room software and hardware
- Implement and enforce corporate security policies
- Regularly review and flag network security issues
- Be the lead for all corporate network monitoring and troubleshooting
- Install and maintain network infrastructure (switches, routers, firewalls, Wi-Fi, etc.)
- Lead and manage the corporate phone system
- Acquire, control and management of desktop / laptop / peripheral inventory
- Undertake and define employee onboarding and offboarding IT tasks
- Manage Identity and Access policies and assignments
Secondary Junior DevOps Engineering responsibilities:
- Build and maintain infrastructure for R&D test environments:
- Interacting with hardware vendors
- Install and network new equipment (switching, DNS, firewall, VLANs, etc.)
- Capacity monitoring to meet future infrastructure needs
- Add and remove equipment and users to/from Kubernetes clusters
- Diagnose and repair Lab infrastructure issues
- Make high-value impacts on productivity throughout the software development lifecycle
- Enhance and maintain DevOps-sponsored tools and infrastructure
- Work on small feature teams as a DevOps consultant and/or contributor
Skill and experience requirements:
- Technical curiosity and a desire to help others succeed
- 2+ years experience in an IT Support role
- Linux, macOS, and Windows
- Software programming in any language (we primarily use Python)
- VPN, LAN, and Wi-Fi-based networking support and troubleshooting
- Firewall, router, switch, DNS configuration and management
- Proven ability to manage multiple processes, priorities, and conflicting demands in a calm and professional manner
- Strong team player that communicate clearly, concisely and by selecting written, spoken or visual material that best suits the situation and intended audience
- Strong planning, problem-solving, organizational and customer-service skills
Other desired skills
- Familiarity with ITIL or other IT-based conventions
- Cloud provisioning (we use AWS and GCP)
- Continuous Integration platforms (we use Jenkins)
- Container technologies (we use Docker and LXD)
- Provisioning at scale (we use Terraform and Kubernetes)
- Deploying at scale (we use Ansible)
- Monitoring (e.g., Datadog, Logstash, Netdata, Prometheus)
If this opportunity interests you, please send your resume package to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants in advance, but only candidates chosen to be interviewed will be contacted.