Copy of Junior Quality Assurance Developer
Within the established corporate policies and reporting to the QA Team Lead, as a member of the Quality Assurance team, you will leverage advanced technical expertise to automate component, system and regression testing. In this role you will be responsible for automation and manual testing of the Netsweeper product lines. You will work closely with the Development team during the development phase creating test cases to validate features and requirement changes in the product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manual and Automation of API test suites using existing and new frameworks
- Assist Technical Support to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis
- Liaise and work closely with the Netsweeper Development
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for variances and known issues
- Analyze results and deliver test summaries and recommendations to the product team
- Contribute to the improvement of how we do testing at Netsweeper
- Investigate script failures in automated test plans, modify scripts and libraries and log product defects.
- Develop and maintain test libraries used to control automated unit and regression test suites.
- Work with Development to perform code reviews and assist with debugging and profiling
- Initiate and participate in efforts to improve group productivity and test effectiveness
- Ability to have fun
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated analysis, problem solving and skills troubleshooting expertise
- Experience applying test methodologies, create test plans, execute & automate test cases.
- Experience with PHP, Shell with C, Java, and AWK optional
- Previous experience with traffic control tools like IXIA IxLoad a nice to have
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Solid understanding of Internet technologies: firewalls, web servers, web proxy servers, etc.
- Understanding of database concepts and data management (RDBMS) and SQL