Team Lead, Technical Support
Team Lead, Technical Support
Maplesoft™ is a leading provider of software tools for engineering, science, research and teaching. Maple is math software that combines the world's most powerful math engine with an interface that makes it extremely easy to analyze, explore, visualize, and solve mathematical problems. Maple's powerful mathematics engine allows students to analyze, explore, visualize and solve complex mathematical problems.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Team Lead, Technical Support to manage the customer support process and lead a small global Support team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to progress into a leadership role.
In this role, you will work to bring our customer support function to the next level by developing proactive and customer-focused processes and leveraging existing systems. You will develop and execute a strategy that will allow you to distill and translate customer insights into tangible actions.
You understand that each support request is an opportunity to engage with the customer and learn more about the challenges or opportunities that exist for them and their organization. As a result, you never shy away from picking up the phone to speak directly to the customer.
This is a cross-functional role where you will work with Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing, Product Management and R&D organizations to drive the changes needed to improve customer experience and account health.
- Manage the Maplesoft technical support process, maintaining a proactive approach to managing first and second line customer issues.
- Connect with our user-base by taking on support cases, managing escalations and ensuring appropriate follow up.
- Assume ownership of our CRM and ticketing system so we can ensure all cases are managed and resolved to the highest degree of satisfaction.
- Leverage your analytical skills to create dashboards that allow us to measure the effectiveness of our support and alert us to any accounts that are at-risk.
- Provide frequent and detailed feedback to the product team so that desired product improvements can be worked into the roadmap.
- Directly impact customer retention by working with cross functional teams to ensure that all our internal processes and systems are built with the customer in mind.
What you will bring to the role
- A few years work experience within the tech industry, ideally in a technical support role.
- Experience leading a team or managing processes.
- A college or university degree in science, engineering or mathematics, or familiarity using mathematical software tools such as Maple.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to think on your feet with little guidance when you encounter roadblocks.
Working at Maplesoft
Our teams build world-class software and services for system simulation, calculation management and systems engineering. Our product suite reflects the philosophy that given great tools, people can do great things!
Maplesoft offers a collaborative culture and the opportunity to work on some of the most innovative and exciting projects in the industry. We are committed to providing every employee with professional growth opportunities, a supportive work environment, and excellent compensation and benefits. Our Waterloo, Ontario office provides a Corporate Concierge Service, a Health & Wellness Program and an Onsite, Fully Equipped Fitness Facility.