Position: Business Development Representative
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Experience: 3-5 Years’ marketing or sales experience
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to the world’s most innovative manufacturing and distribution companies. Hardware, software, and deployment services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: Clearpath Robotics (www.clearpathrobotics.com) and OTTO Motors (www.ottomotors.com).
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
About the Job
You will be accountable for qualifying inbound leads, cold calling, networking, and other methods of producing interest from potential customers. You will design persuasive communication plans to qualify prospects into potential customers. You will work directly with marketing, technical staff, sales executives, and sales management to ensure that you are providing a high-quality experience for all prospects and helping interested organizations understand how to use OTTO in their business.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage, qualify and nurture the inbound lead flow to determine if they meet the appropriate qualification criteria to be transferred to the sales team
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to develop outbound lead generation campaigns and design lead capture and nurture processes
- Provide feedback on quality of leads being generated regularly. Collaborate with the team on how quality can be improved.
- Follow-up with the sales team on converted Leads to track status and quality of the leads as they move through the sales cycle for intelligence on quality and conversion rates
- Own Lead Data Accuracy in systems
- Establish and document the Inbound Lead Process and improve it over time to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Report on key metrics on a regular basis that measure the effectiveness of the process.
- Own the definitions/thresholds for when a lead moves into MQL and into SQL so criteria is understood and adhered to by Marketing and Sales teams respectively.
- Research and cultivate an accurate perception of the organization’s mission and goals
- Attend industry functions, including conferences and association events, and contribute information and feedback on upcoming market trends
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in business administration or a related field
- 3-5 years of marketing or sales experience
- Excellent communication and IT fluency
- Consistent positive and professional attitude
- Ability to handle pressures and meet deadlines
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Obsessive attention to detail and data accuracy
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and current events
- Working knowledge of Lead generation process and implementation of those processed in a technology stack (Salesforce.com a must)
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.