Position: Project Engineer
Experience: 3+ years
Education: Bachelors in relevant field
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
The primary objective of the Project Engineer is to act as the technical voice for a project. Reporting to the Manager of the Project Management Office, the Project Engineer works closely with the assigned Project Manager (PM) to understand and lead the technical aspects of a project, acting as the liaison between end users (PM and customer) and the assigned Clearpath deployment team lead (Systems Engineer). The Project Engineer tracks and resolves technical issues and acts as Tier 1 support for both the Systems Engineer assigned to the project as well as for the customer directly as needed.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Acting as PMO technical representative for assigned projects
- Collaborating with Systems Engineers to understand and help shape the project deployment / integration
- Report to assigned PM’s on a project to project basis to provide:
- Project leadership to internal
- Reporting of percent complete (to the PM) for technical tasks assigned to other groups per the project plan (weekly)
- Issue tracking, analysis, and status reporting of project technical actions (weekly)
- Tracking of project assets/components using the family tree / configuration process
- Front line triage services for hardware and system issues within a project
- Responsible for the transition of knowledge, management, and maintenance of deployments from projectteam to CS/NOC operations team post SAT (or equivalent)
- Produce documentation and other assets required for transition of the project from PMO to CS/NOC operations. Examples include: deployment manual, residual issues list; process diagrams, etc.
- Set up and maintain the Project Wiki space per PMO best practices
- Assist with shipping of project equipment as required using company processes and tools
- Acting as the voice of the customer at the technical level
- Tasks in accordance with the Project Responsibility Matrix (subject to changes and refinement)
You want to work for a fast-moving company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a technical customer-facing role
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in engineering or other technical field
- Excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and analyze difficult issues
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced high mix low volume environment
- Ability to work unsupervised while still effectively achieving goals
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn new skills and tools
- Background or exposure to an industrial automation environment
- Technical writing/communication
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.