Accounts Receivable Team Lead
Reports to: Manager, Finance
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Administrator, who will be responsible for supporting the accounting function.
The successful candidate is an effective, confident communicator, thrives on learning, enjoys collaborating with colleagues to help deliver results, yet can work effectively under minimal supervision and direction, and expects that hard work is required to do great things. This role will require collaboration within the global Finance team, as well as with other departments within NAVBLUE.
Accounts Receivable Management
- Manage, coach, and train the Accounts Receivable team
- Manage invoicing status for contracts that are on hold or out of contract
- Oversee calculating and rolling out of annual price increases
- Manage contract close out within the finance realm
- Leverage product line stakeholders and development team in order to streamline the invoicing process
- Ensure positive and productive relationships with internal / external customers
- Train account managers on finance procedures
- Lead AR Collection meetings
- Lead the effort to improve efficiencies with the A/R function
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for accounts receivable
- Trouble shoot and resolve accounting issues
- Ensures accounts receivable function is performed according to legislation
Accounts Receivable Processing
- Read and interpret customer contracts with assistance from contracts and management
- Take customer contracts and convert them into the invoicing structure
- Invoicing customers on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Reconcile customer invoicing versus usage and process the adjustment invoice
- Subject matter expert on assigned customers and related collections
- Month end procedures including general ledger account reconciliations
- Work with various stakeholders within NAVBLUE to resolve customer issues
- Critical eye with the ability to determine if the information presented is accurate and strive to find the correct data
- Responsible for gathering and reviewing all audit requests related to account receivable
- Other duties as assigned
- College diploma in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 10 years accounts receivable and general accounting experience, with a minimum of three years supervisory experience
- High degree of proficiency in relevant computer applications and Excel
- Well developed analytic and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to investigate issues, triangulate data and reach conclusions and bring the issue to resolution
- Experienced in streamlining complex processes
- Successful in dealing with customer and internal employees at all levels
- Hands on self-starter, disciplined and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced in leveraging technological solutions to streamline invoicing
- Organized and detail oriented
- Experience working in Great Plains an asset
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
Located in the heart of University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite on the second floor of the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open work stations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. As part of our family, you will enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Free parking
- Strong work-life balance with scarce requirements for overtime or extra hours
- Laid back, friendly environment
- Casual dress code (shorts and jeans welcome!)
- Competitive group benefits plan
- RRSP matching program
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- An active social committee (which usually involves some delicious free food)
- Lunch hour sporting activities (hockey, soccer, volleyball etc.) with a shower on site
- And much more!
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing digital transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our geographically diverse customers. We are always looking for creative ways to improve our processes and technologies to be a leader in the highly competitive aviation market.
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, including aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. These products directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus, fueled by the agility of Airbus ProSky and Navtech (acquired in 2016), and the pioneering spirit of Airbus, NAVBLUE was created in July 2016 with one mission: lead aviation into the digital age.
NAVBLUE is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France), Waterloo, ON (Canada), Halifax, NS (Canada), with other offices all around the world.