Director, User Experience (UX/UI)
You’re passionate about user experience and think deeply about what makes a product experience compelling. You have the ability to think about the complete experience from the 10,000ft level, yet also dig in on the little details that matter. You have experience leading UX teams, working on mobile or other form factors of computing (TVs, consoles, AR, VR, etc.), and have a proven ability to drive your team to deliver outstanding results.
What you'll be doing:
As the Lead for UX at North, you’ll be responsible for designing and implementing compelling user experiences for new products. As part of a small and fast-growing product team, you will have large amounts of responsibility and direct impact on a category-defining consumer product in a fast-paced environment. You’ll be managing designers, HCI researchers, and other UX team members on a day-to-day basis, and responsible for growing the UX team as required.
- Accountable for overall product user experience including on-boarding, software, hardware, and all other touch points
- Managing and leading a growing UX team
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Minimum 7 years relevant UX Lead experience
- Expertise in creation of compelling, original user interfaces and experiences
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Endless resourcefulness and a proven ability to cut through roadblocks and solve problems quickly
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Degrees in psychology, industrial design, HCI, or equivalent are an asset
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design.