Sr. Systems Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Location: Waterloo, ON
Reports to: Manager, IT
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is currently seeking a Senior System Administrator. This individual is expected to provide technical expertise and maintain the overall operation of computer systems and networks, thus supporting all internal clients within the organization. Adherence to the NAVBLUE Information Security policy and procedures is an integral part of this role.
The successful candidate must be passionate about quality and committed to good processes and best practices. The System Administrator needs to be client-centric and service oriented. Being able to anticipate the needs of clients with a focus on satisfaction is key. You are self-motivated, enthusiastic about rolling-up your sleeves to do what is needed to get results, thrive on learning, enjoy collaborating with colleagues to help deliver results yet capable of working effectively with minimal direction, and expect that hard work is required to achieve great things. The ability to effectively solve problems and come up with innovative solutions is essential to being successful in this role.
- Work with colleagues from multiple departments to maintain and manage a large Linux/Windows hybrid server environment across multiple locations.
- Perform a leadership role in building and maintaining a Windows Server and RedHat Enterprise Linux patch management system in a highly available production environment
- Help with administering and maintaining Office 365 across the company
- Desktop support in a Windows/Linux environment.
- Setup and ensure the functioning of network servers (Active Directory, Mail (O365), DNS, File and Print, Office 365, etc.)
- Share the responsibility for configuring new network HW as required such as Switches (Dell, Ruckus and Cisco), Firewalls (Palo Alto and Fortinet) and Fortinet load balancers
- VMware administration – work with IT colleagues in managing a multi-office/data center VMware ecosystem with many hosts and hundreds of VM’s
- Third-party vendor management and support.
- Research, recommend and deploy improvements to existing IT infrastructure as required.
- Provide user-support to resolve technical issues including proactive measures to increase efficiencies and productivity levels.
- Maintain documentation at a level that meets the requirements of ISO 9002 and ISO 27001/2
- Participate in an "on-call" rotation along with members of the IT team
- Co-ordinate support activities with other NAVBLUE offices as required
- Provide coaching and mentoring of junior team members.
- Successful completion of University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- MCSE, CCNA preferred.
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in an IT support environment;
- Network administration experience, including troubleshooting.
- Experience administering Windows Server 2012 R2 in a multi-domain Active Directory environment
- Linux administration experience, including common applications (LAMP) is an asset.
- Experience deploying and administering Office 365
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills in a fast-paced setting.
- English proficiency in a technical environment
- Must be reliable, responsible and a self-starter.
- Must work effectively with others in a team environment
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Powershell, Perl, Ksh, Awk, etc.) an asset
- CyberSecurity certification an asset
- Previous experience with monitoring tools an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize effectively.
Located in the heart of University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite on the second floor of the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open work stations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. As part of our family, you will enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Free parking
- Strong work-life balance with scarce requirements for overtime or extra hours
- Laid back, friendly environment
- Casual dress code (shorts and jeans welcome!)
- Competitive group benefits plan
- RRSP matching program
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- An active social committee (which usually involves some delicious free food)
- Lunch hour sporting activities (hockey, soccer, volleyball etc.) with a shower on site
- And much more!
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing digital transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our geographically diverse customers. We are always looking for creative ways to improve our processes and technologies to be a leader in the highly competitive aviation market.
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, including aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. These products directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Through digital and collaborative innovation, our passionate and customer-focused team develops solutions to enhance the safety and efficiency of air transport. Over the last few years, Airbus has been supportive of various initiatives such as Going Digital, Performance Based Navigation Services, Air Traffic Management Modernization Programs, FlySmart on iOS and other digital projects related to new aircraft technologies; the launch of NAVBLUE was therefore a natural step to further develop its Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management Portfolio.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus, fueled by the agility of Airbus ProSky and Navtech (acquired in 2016), and the pioneering spirit of Airbus, NAVBLUE was created in July 2016 with one mission: lead aviation into the digital age.
NAVBLUE is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France), Waterloo, ON (Canada), Halifax, NS (Canada), with other offices all around the world.