UX/UI Design Specialist
UX/UI Design Specialist
Department: Strategy & Innovation
Reports to: Head of Portfolio Development and Innovation
Location: Waterloo or Toulouse Office
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company is looking for an UX/UI Design Specialist to join our Strategy and Innovation Office (SIO). The Waterloo office focuses on products for airlines Operational Control Center (OCC) in which flights are prepared, scheduled, monitored and closed.
This candidate will be able to lead both the user research and the prototyping portion with a strong capability in visual design to work on some of the products we have in our substantial portfolio. The UX/UI Design Specialist will have strong relationship with the NAVBLUE UX/UI Design team based in our Toulouse office (France). Fueled by Design Thinking, Lean Startup and Agile methodologies, we are looking for someone with a strong focus on innovation, new technologies and a startup mindset.
- Gain a deep understanding of our end-users by conducting user research and workshops and evaluating existing products
- Produce wireframes, mock-ups, paper and interactive prototypes (low-fidelity to high-fidelity), and other UX design artefacts that translate end-user, customer and/or business needs into an engaging user experience.
- Advocate user centric mindset and design thinking approach throughout the teams
- Partner closely with development team, project team, marketing, and sub-contractors to drive successful implementation of product design specifications. Proactively resolve any implementation issues that affect the design, downstream processes, and overall experience.
- Identifying the best UX methods and user centric/design thinking tools to use depending on project constraints
- Implement user interface design and development best practices and standard user centered methodologies on projects
- Contribute and maintain NAVBLUE Design Systems
- Contribute to developing creative and constructive solutions.
- Stay abreast of competitors’ designs and features.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree in interaction design, human factors, industrial design, application development/design or related field.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a user experience design role.
- A background in graphic design is an asset.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and/or web-based information architecture and visual design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Experience with a variety of UI design and prototyping tools eg. Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Agile methodology experience is an asset.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Ability to travel
Located in the heart of University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite on the second floor of the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open work stations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. As part of our family, you will enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Free parking
- Strong work-life balance with scarce requirements for overtime or extra hours
- Laid back, friendly environment
- Casual dress code (shorts and jeans welcome!)
- Competitive group benefits plan
- RRSP matching program
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- An active social committee (which usually involves some delicious free food)
- Lunch hour sporting activities (hockey, soccer, volleyball etc.) with a shower on site
- And much more!
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing digital transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our geographically diverse customers. We are always looking for creative ways to improve our processes and technologies to be a leader in the highly competitive aviation market.
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, including aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. These products directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Through digital and collaborative innovation, our passionate and customer-focused team develops solutions to enhance the safety and efficiency of air transport. Over the last few years, Airbus has been supportive of various initiatives such as Going Digital, Performance Based Navigation Services, Air Traffic Management Modernization Programs, FlySmart on iOS and other digital projects related to new aircraft technologies; the launch of NAVBLUE was therefore a natural step to further develop its Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management Portfolio.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus, fueled by the agility of Airbus ProSky and Navtech (acquired in 2016), and the pioneering spirit of Airbus, NAVBLUE was created in July 2016 with one mission: lead aviation into the digital age.
NAVBLUE is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France), Waterloo, ON (Canada), Halifax, NS (Canada), with other offices all around the world.