Technical Support Specialist - Level 1
The Technical Support Specialist position is an integral part of Deluxe Operations Team as they are the first line of communication with our customers. A successful candidate will utilize their communication skills to ensure all issues are cased and addressed by the Technical Support team.
- Respond to customers by phone and email queries; guide customer through initial setup of proprietary check scanner and software. through voice instruction or remote assistance tools.
- Investigate and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Edit or amend existing procedural and diagnostic documentation.
- Resolve, forward, or escalate customer issues as required.
- Review urgent incidents with Tier 2 support team to ensure appropriate steps are taken to resolve situations in a timely manner.
- Keep customers informed of issue resolutions.
- Data entry tasks to on board new customers into database
- Create and maintain support cases: status, summary, follow-up and peer case review.
- Conduct software release activities.
- Available for shifts to service clients in the continental US which may include evenings and Canadian Holidays
- Participate in team meetings and group discussions
- Other Technical Support related tasks as assigned.
- Self-management of assigned caseload
- Clear and concise documentation of case notes
- Routing of cases from the assigned shared case queues
- Creation of new cases from case sources
- Meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreement (SLA) criteria for case response, workaround and resolution timing.
- Appropriate case escalation when required
- Conscientious management of cases and queue monitoring
- Conduct fair and accurate case reviews for peers
Collaboration with others on issues requiring team involvement for resolution
- Cover team member shifts as needed during peak times or during team member absence
- Participate in team meetings and discussions
- Contribution to customer web portal content
- Contribution to customer notices
- Involvement with periodic customer issue meetings
- Clear concise and professional verbal communication with customers
- Involvement in onsite events (trade shows, onsite visits, audits)
- Involvement in offsite events (training, trade shows etc)
Knowledge base Articles
- Creation/Submission of articles from any issues that impart new or previously undocumented information to resolve
- Review and refinement of existing articles based on new information or improvements
Management of assigned procedural tasks
- Involvement with periodic software release outside of typical working hours
- Ability to work from home in the event of a location shutdown
- Availability to work holidays to further support customers
- Foster a team-oriented and cross-trained environment with other areas of Deluxe Operations.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience)- Computer Science/Information Technology/Information Systems/Electronics Technology
- 2-5 years of Customer Service or Technical Support experience
- Great customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Good communication
- Ability to react appropriately during system incidents
- Ability to maintain good decision making while under time constraints
- Proficient with operation and support of MS Windows and OSX
- Ability to work effectively in a team on projects.
- Comfortable troubleshooting USB devices
- Comfortable with Registry editing
- Basic Networking knowledge
- Comfortable troubleshooting network enabled devices
- Basic scripting knowledge
- Familiarity with relational databases an asset