Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Waterloo, ON and Cambridge, ON
Education Requirement: Post-Secondary education in Human Resources Management
Experience Requirement: 1+ years of relevant experience
Providing expert machining solutions to the manufacturing industry in the form of software, technical services, technical consulting and educational materials, In-House Solutions positions itself at the forefront of manufacturing innovations in the CNC machining industry and has been doing so for 30+ years!
Developed out of In-House Solutions and now a separate company that is headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, OCTOPUZ Inc. is a start-up that provides offline robot programming and simulation software for businesses of all sizes, from small shops to global corporations. OCTOPUZ is a complete software solution that enables users to program and simulate industrial robots on a computer while generating robot specific code to run live jobs.
To learn more, visit our websites at www.inhousesolutions.com and www.octopuz.com
About the Role:
The HR Coordinator provides a wide range of human resources support including employment administration, policy and procedure writing, employee onboarding, and participation in the recruiting process. This role will be a shared resource to two separate companies – In-House Solutions Inc. and OCTOPUZ Inc., with time divided between the 2 physical offices depending on their individual human resources needs at the time.
In this role you will
- Coordinate various aspects of employment administration
- Maintain detailed and accurate employee records including attendance and vacation requests
- Coordinate employee assets, including corporate phone distribution, transponder and security access
- Review and update employee handbooks
- Support employees with questions on benefits, company policy, etc.
- Coordinate full cycle recruitment, including developing and posting job ads, sourcing and screening applicants, coordinating and participating in interviews, conducting pre-employment checks
- Conduct job analyses and develop internal job descriptions
- Give company presentations at schools, attend student group meetings, and increase post-secondary awareness of the companies
- Work with hiring managers to develop, deliver and follow-up on the onboarding of employees
- Participate in health and safety initiatives including leading meetings, ensuring up-to-date documentation, training, and resolution of action items
- Coordinate facilities maintenance as needed
- Perform other duties as required
- Completion of post-secondary education in human resources
- Working towards CHRP designation preferred
- Demonstrated experience in multiple human resource areas with required experiences in recruiting
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanour
- Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team with proven ability to balance multiple priorities across various stakeholders
- Strong ethics in relation to business practices, privacy, and confidentiality
- Knowledge of employment law, privacy law, and best hiring practices
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
No calls or agencies please.
In-House Solutions Inc. and OCTOPUZ Inc. are committed to ensuring a culture of inclusion and diversity and will consider all applicants regardless of age, marital status, race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, or disability. For those requiring accommodations during any stage of the application process, please contact 1-226-894-1253.