Manager, Email Infrastructures
The Manager of Email Infrastructure is responsible for the architecture, deployment and operational support of a global, mission critical infrastructure spanning multiple data centers across the globe. Responsibilities include the entire stack including hardware, software, operating systems, middleware and software as a service (SaaS) components. This position has responsibility to plan for business demands, enabling business units to deliver services to end users, both internal and external. The position utilizes multiple geographically dispersed teams as well as off-shore contractor spanning various time zones.
- Overall responsibility for the management of technical engineers, administrators, architects, engineers, analysts, and project managers.
- Responsibility for training, appraisals, promotions, recruitment, team building/identity and work environment.
- Capacity planning & management, input to projects and service activities and management of own resources to achieve agreed objectives
- Managing/defining performance metrics, standard operating procedures and lead standard work to ensure success of the organization.
- Building relationships with business unit leaders to ensure high functioning resources are supporting their needs in a consistent way
- Liaison between the remote staff and corporate functions
- Responsible for cost center management and monthly expense report reconciliation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivilent experience
- 3-6 years’ People Leadership experience
- In depth knowledge of Internet protocols, email services and email delivery standards
- Email marketing/Email Service Provider (ESP), Hosted/Vanity Business to Business Email and ISP mail experience or knowledge
- Understanding of abuse and fraud prevention, with a security focused mindset
- Technical Background
- Strong verbal, written, communication and presentation skills with proven ability to successfully interact with senior leadership in IT & Business functions
- Architecture, Deployment and operational support for Email Hosting and Email Marketing (ESP) environments globally supporting over 10M email accounts and millions of email marketing campaigns per year.
- Support other teams to ensure all levels of software and hardware are fully patched, including all those on Linux, Windows, Solaris, and AIX
- Middleware support for proprietary built email SaaS solutions customized on open source and commercial software including Sendmail, Postfix, Message Systems/SparkPost, Qmail and Dovecot/Dovecot Pro and in-house developed email servers and local delivery agents.
- Abuse prevention and delivery teams for both web and email platforms safeguarding 1M+ sites, 10M+ email accounts, and millions of email marketing campaigns with delivery rates consistent with industry standards
- Has an advanced understanding of people leadership and applies leading knowledge, skills, and experiences to attract, retain, inspire and develop team members. Is successful at building cohesive teams. Creates and collaborates on the vision and direction for their team and business segment. Takes accountability for their team’s performance.
- Under general direction, identifies group level challenges, recommends and executes solutions. Solves considerably difficult business problems through both effective use of financial and technology management while leveraging human resource management.
- Has the courage to try new or improved capabilities. Accepts feedback from supervisors & peers & learns from failures. Expresses thoughts & opinions in a productive manner about improvements in capabilities. Instills confidence in junior & senior members of the team.
- Is highly effective in interacting with peers, teams, business partners, & management to align strategy & objectives to a solution outcome. Utilizes proper latitude & autonomy.
- Be Candid but Authentic & Sincere: Speak openly but professionally
- Be Intellectually Curious: Ask good questions, listen & understand, be prepared
- Strive to be the Best Version of Yourself: Own your career & development
- Act with Focused Velocity: Be responsive, time is critical
- Do What you Say You Are Going to Do: Be personally responsible
- Execute as One Team: Be collaborative, value diverse perspectives