Senior Linux Administrator
Senior Linux Systems Administrator
The Senior Linux Systems Administrator holds responsibility for installation, configuration and maintenance of linux based systems. The Senior Linux Systems Administrator must have a proven track record supporting enterprise environments and have demonstrated experience in successfully navigating through complex and challenging projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the planning process and will make recommendations based on their experience and industry best practices. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
What you will be responsible for:
• Maintains documentation and contributes to the Knowledge Base
• Installation, configuration and maintenance of linux based systems, software and related infrastructure
• Research and make recommendations to management for improvements to the organization’s infrastructure
• Follows Change Management Policies
• Scripting of one-off and day to day administrative tasks
• Develop and maintain expertise through professional associations and professional development opportunities
• Act as a technical lead and project manager during projects as required
• Act as a technical resource during other projects as required
• Actively review and resolve tickets
• Provide remote assistance to clients as needed for configuration and troubleshooting eSentire applications in their environments
• Provides on-call support on a rotating basis
• Mentor and cross train with other members of the systems team
• Other technical duties as required to support the business
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Bachelor degree in Engineering , Math, Computer Science or an acceptable combination of education and experience
• 8+ years working on Linux/UNIX OS Platforms
• Strong networking knowledge is an asset
• Exceptional troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with a keen attention to detail
• Demonstrated knowledge of system design and analysis
• Effective under high pressure situations
• Team player
• Ability to work in a 24/7/365 environment
• On-call shift requirements.
• Have a College and or University Degree in Computer Science, Systems Administration or related discipline or equivalent experience.
• Experience with various flavours of Linux Systems (Debian, Ubuntu, REHL, CentOS)
• Platform monitoring and Tuning
• In depth knowledge of networking and IP protocols
• Ability to drive automation and stream line repetitive tasks
• Solid understanding of security principles governing technical environments
• Committed to providing exceptional customer service.
• Strong aptitude for solving problems independently.
• Superior customer relationship skills
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and with conflicting priorities.
• Demonstrated strong leadership and mentorship skills
• Demonstrated proficient experience with Scripting (Perl/Python/bash/...), tcpdump, grep, sed, and other Unix based command line tools and utilities
• Configuration Management
Why a Career with eSentire?
About us: eSentire® is an industry leader, providing managed threat detection and response services to mid-sized organizations, keeping them safe from constantly evolving cyber-attacks that traditional security defenses simply can’t detect. eSentire combines people, process and proprietary technology to deliver an unmatched, premium level service that hunts, detects, remediates and communicates sophisticated cyber threats in real-time, 24X7.
Protecting more than $5 trillion in Assets under Management (AuM), eSentire is the award-winning choice for security decision-makers in mid-size enterprise. eSentire has received multiple accolades for exceptional service, which includes HFM (Hedge Fund Manager) Service Provider awards, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™ , and included in Gartner, Inc.’s list of “Cool Vendors” in the Cool Vendors in Cloud Security Services, report. For more information visit www.esentire.com and follow @esentirecareers.
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide free breakfast and refreshments, flexible hours, half day off birthdays, concierge services, RRSP matching program, subsidies for continuing education and health and wellness and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.