NOC (IMC) Respresentative
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a dynamic, growing organization? We are currently seeking an Incident Management Centre (IMC) Representative to join our team. The IMC Representative will be responsible for interfacing with customers as the first response for Incident Management. This includes proper deployment of all Descartes procedures and practices, maintaining documentation and providing first response support for internal and external incidents. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the IT teams, Product Expertise Support departments and Development.
Your responsibilities will be situated within the following domains:
- Proactively monitor the Network Monitoring Systems and respond to and address system-generated alerts.
- Working with Incident, Problem and Change Management modules within our ticketing system.
- Create and track interactions, problems and resolutions in tracking tools, abiding formats and ensuring timely and accurate updates.
- Coordinate tier and escalation support to all levels within the IT and Product groups.
- Follow the critical incident and escalation management procedures to accurately coordinate, document and report on critical incidents.
- React quickly to problems and follow documented knowledge articles and/or set established procedures to orchestrate solutions.
- Manage and maintain the health and uptime of WAN/LAN and enterprise computing products and services (consisting of all servers, routers, switches, firewalls and related infrastructure, operating systems, Windows, Linux & AIX and applications) to confirm site availability 24×7.
- Create and maintain documentation on SharePoint.
- Run reports on key performance indicators.
- Answer phone calls coming in to the IMC and assist customers as required.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as required by your manager.
- IT diploma or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products and basic networking.
- Ability to learn new technologies and software.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively and work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently with significant attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with teammates and managers.
- Experience with SAP would be an asset.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts in 24/7 environment.
- ITIL Foundation Certification would also be an asset.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
Please submit your resume and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org citing “IMC Representative” in the subject of your message. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.
Descartes is committed to equity and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, ancestry, age, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, citizenship, ethnic origin, family or marital status. If you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process or would like a copy of this job posting in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com 1-800-419-8495.