User Experience (UX) Designer
We’re looking for a creative and empathetic user experience (UX) designer to help us make a difference in the lives of people with cognitive impairment. Our newest product, MemorySparx Connect, is an easy-to-use platform that helps healthcare organizations deliver exceptional person-centered care and increase efficiency – while standing apart from the competition. As a UX designer, you’ll help us iterate on and grow MemorySparx Connect, and you’ll play a critical role in bringing companion products to life.
Why join the Emmetros team? Emmetros features a highly experienced, collaborative, and supportive team that will challenge you to do your best work. We’re well funded, mature, family friendly, and based in Waterloo. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, flexible work arrangements, and a minimum 4 weeks of vacation a year.
What you’ll do
- Design useful, usable, and accessible web and web app experiences. Create products people will love.
- Create design artifacts (story maps, personas, flows, wireframes, prototypes) to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Lead design discussions and workshops with key stakeholders to facilitate decision-making.
- Work alongside visual designers and developers to implement, test, and iterate on designs.
- Develop and run usability studies and research sessions to verify effectiveness of new features.
- Collaborate with the team to research, define, estimate, prioritize, and schedule product features.
- Contribute to internal design principles and best practices for cognitive accessibility.
What we’re looking for
- Portfolio featuring your experience with user-centered design process, from ideation to release.
- 5+ years experience designing web interactions and user experiences.
- Excellent communication skills. We want to hear from you throughout the design process.
- Ability to communicate with empathy during any and all interactions with users.
- Experience creating design artifacts (personas, flows, wireframes, mockups) and leading conversations about them.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Framer, or Balsamiq.
- Familiarity with accessibility best practices for web-based solutions an asset.
- Ability to consider holistic user experience when working on individual product features.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in systems design, UX design, knowledge integration, or related field.
If this interests you, we’d love to talk!