The Procurement Specialist will work within the centralized Accounts Payable department supporting Descartes’ global operations. The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for coordinating the purchasing process. The Specialist will work closely with the Global Manager, Accounts Payable and various other members of the Descartes finance team in completing the responsibilities of the role. We are seeking an assertive, adaptable individual with a proven record of delivering results under pressure, and who will thrive as both a team player and as an individual contributor.
The successful candidate will have the following job responsibilities:
- Manage expiration of vendor contracts.
- Develop supplier evaluation and selection criteria and lead evaluation processes.
- Analyze proposals and negotiate contracts with vendors. Negotiate or renegotiate costs, performance levels and warranties with vendors as required.
- Collaborate with the Legal department for review and approval of contracts.
- Manage relationships with vendors.
- Maintain ongoing communications with vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure a consistent understanding of and adherence to Descartes’ purchasing policies.
- Validate Purchase Orders to ensure internal purchasing policies are adhered to.
- Work with the Accounts Payable Purchasing team to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Supporting transition of procurement users and vendor information related to acquisitions.
- Tracking and reporting of purchase orders.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and personal attributes:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma with a concentration in business administration, purchasing or supply chain management or equivalent work experience in procurement.
- Minimum of 3 years of procurement experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to focus on tasks at hand and multi-task when necessary.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Additional assets include:
- Experience with SAP or other similar ERP application.
- Previous experience working in a global environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, specifically MS Excel.
- Additional languages would be an asset.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org citing “Procurement Specialist” in the subject of your message. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
Descartes is committed to equity and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, ancestry, age, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, citizenship, ethnic origin, family or marital status. If you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process or would like a copy of this job posting in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-419-8495.