As a data scientist with Oracle - NetSuite, you will be part of a dynamic, innovative team leveraging AI/Machine Learning and rich enterprise data to develop products that provide intelligent insights, automation, and ease of use.
This challenging role will stretch your abilities and curiosity as you work with a wide variety of data- from ERP and commerce transactions to user interactions and customer demographics. You’ll collaborate with product development teams to solve challenges encountered by many types of company and user.
We’re a family of 60+ geeks: Engineers, Technical Writers, UX Designers, and Product Managers from 20 nationalities all collaborating in one space. We share a start-up culture in an inspiring office in the heart of downtown Kitchener, Ontario. The Kitchener-Waterloo area is Canada’s fastest growing market for high tech companies.
Our company culture:
- We help each other and foster collaboration across roles and teams
- We lift each other up. We know how to celebrate our successes and learn from our failures
- All of our efforts center around delivering value to our customers
- We always try to do the right thing – for ourselves, for the product and for our customers
- Solve business and technical problems with robust and statistically sound use of rigorous scientific methodologies and creative use of algorithms using AI, machine learning and predictive modelling techniques.
- Complete execution of the data science process. This may be carried out in a collaborative environment with product and engineering teams, but ranges from understanding business requirements, data discovery and extraction to model development and evaluation.
- Be comfortable and proactive in an environment that combines well defined problem specifications with at times unpredictable situations carrying a significant number of technically and functional unknowns.
- Exercise solid verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills to carefully document results and findings and share results with various stakeholders.
- Be proficient with tools and techniques to effectively work remotely with a global team in multiple geographical locations.
- Collaborate closely with other data scientists and engineering and product teams to deliver compelling intelligent features to customers.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, or another relevant quantitative field.
- Excellent understanding of the mathematical theory behind algorithms underlying common machine learning techniques for solving classification and regression problems in a supervised setting as well as approaches for unsupervised learning.
- At least 2 - 5 years of postgraduate experience in AI, machine learning, data mining, analytics and/or predictive modelling.
- Real-world practical experience with machine learning algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, dimensionality reduction.
- A proven track record in developing, innovating, and applying advanced algorithms to address practical problems and in building new analytical products of commercial value.
- Practical experience in feature engineering, feature evaluation, feature selection, model interpretation and visualization.
- At least 2 - 5 years of experience in more than one of Python, Scala and Apache Spark.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL and its adaptations.
- Experience with horizontally scalable data stores such as Hadoop and other NoSQL technologies such as Map Reduce, Spark, HBase, etc., and associated schemas.
- A PhD degree in a quantitative Science or technical field.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging and influencing business leaders in solution path design.
- Experience with one or more of the DNN frameworks, including TensorFlow, MXNet, Theano, etc. and applications of such libraries to NLP problems.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 18001H2M