Senior Systems Administrator
We are currently seeking a Senior IT Systems Administrator to work within our IT organization to support ongoing operations and align newly acquired businesses with our Standard Operating Procedures. The successful incumbent will work on designing and implementing changes, upgrades and managing projects required to maintain our infrastructure to support business needs. A self-driven attitude with the ability to self-learn, communicate clearly and effectively, manage projects and strong interpersonal skills are key to being successful in this role.
- Manage infrastructure projects from start to finish, including designing and implementing changes and performing upgrades.
- Provide leadership and guidance to help resolve technical challenges.
- Complete functional testing and analysis of requirements for new and existing services.
- Align new acquisitions and system deployments with Standard Operating Procedures and integrate IT Systems.
- Support the infrastructure for Descartes internal and hosted applications by responding to incidents in a timely manner.
- Create technical documentation and procedures related to assigned tasks or projects.
- Work closely with other IT teams and service delivery departments for escalations and within a process improvement capacity.
- Respond to and provide timely updates to support incidents.
- Create and maintain a knowledge base for the team and assist in cross-training other team members.
- Act as a subject-matter-expert for technical support and perform on-call duties on a rotational basis.
- Plan and carry out planned after-hours changes to meet business and operational needs.
- Participate in team’s on-call rotation.
- A university degree or college diploma in computer science or equivalent with 7 – 10 years of related experience.
- Certifications such as MCITP, MCSE or other Microsoft certifications.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects and prioritize based on business and operational needs.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems and experience with implementing and managing MS technologies such as SCCM, SCOM, ADFS, Exchange, SharePoint, CRM, and TFS.
- Experience with implementing and supporting client-server applications.
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerShell scripting and the ability to automate processes.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and SQL queries.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of PXE booting and desktop imaging.
- Experience with conducting Root Cause Analysis on major incidents and coordinating and executing follow-up actions.
- Experience with Incident, Change and Problem Management procedures, preferably in an ITIL driven environment.
- Ability to work and collaborate with colleagues in remote offices and in different time zones.
- Proven problem-solving skills, service-oriented and solution driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and consensus-building skills.
- Strong drive to understand and learn on the job.
- Security awareness.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org citing “Senior IT Systems Administrator” in the subject of your message. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.
Descartes is committed to equity and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, ancestry, age, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, citizenship, ethnic origin, family or marital status. If you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process or would like a copy of this job posting in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-419-8495.