At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Reports to: Manager, System Analysis and Quality Assurance
Tell us your story and explain why you are a winning candidate. We are looking for someone that is inspired and brings new ideas
forward while rolling up their sleeves to help in every aspect of project delivery. If you are looking for an opportunity to bring in your testing expertise in both manual and automated testing come join our team.
Group Benefits Quality Assurance covers a specialized area dedicated to high-quality application and solution delivery for applications supporting the Group line of business. Your activities will include planning, developing, coordinating and participating in the full suite
of testing activities including functional, system integration, and end-to-end testing activities for core systems, web, and mobile applications.
What you'll do:
- Creating test strategies and test plans for varies projects while tracking testing efforts to keep projects
- Someone with hands-on experience with manual and automated testing
- Work within a project team to build the automated tests and configure them to execute in projects using tools
such as Selenium, Postman, UFT, Gitlab,ALM and various test tools
- Identification and creation of reusable test data through automation
- Assist team in maintenance and enhancements of Automation Suite
- A person that enjoys troubleshooting and likes to get to the root of the problem
- Set priorities following risk based testing approach
- Communicate test results and highlights any potential quality risks
- Train & guide other QA team members on tools and test automation
- You have a passion for quality and technology and you love to understand how things
What you'll need:
- Eight (8) or more years of software testing experience, test case creation, test execution,
and defect tracking
- Three (3+) years of experience in testing software and maintaining test automation
- Three (3) or more years with Microsoft VB6, .NET, SQL technologies
- Hands on experience with UFT and Selenium – mobile testing will be an asset
- Experience building automated test scripts in parallel of development efforts in an Agile environment is an
- Knowledge of web service testing tools such as SoapUI and Postman
- Ability to create UFT scripts for non- web platforms such as – ActiveX and VB
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, Kanban, and Continuous Integration is an asset as well as Waterfall
- Knowledge with cloud based technologies
- Experience in industry standards for QA tools, methodology and processes
- Hands on experience building and/or testing backend systems
- Experience with Microsoft product such as TFS & MTM
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, proactive, and collaborative
- Awareness and understanding of cultural diversity
- CSTE or CSQA certifications is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.