Front-End Software Developer
Kaleidescape builds products for movie lovers who want the finest home cinema experience. We bring our passion for movies, technology, and innovation together to deliver award-winning products that allow our customers to enjoy more time with their families, and to become truly immersed in their favorite movies and concerts. The Kaleidescape engineering team is now starting work on what will be the most exciting feature to hit our market since the launch of our products in 2003. We are seeking out people who share our passion, to help us bring our vision into hundreds of thousands of homes throughout the world.
Kaleidescape needs a fast-learning, detail-oriented software engineer with a strong programming background to develop web applications for our customers. The successful candidate will join our small web applications and services software team and contribute to all stages of the software development lifecycle. Your primary focus will be on our online movie storefront (https://kaleidescape.com/movie-store/), adding new features to improve and extend our luxury movie service experience.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience developing web applications
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- You have experience with most of the following:
- Object-oriented design patterns for UX (e.g., MVC)
- Single-page web applications
- RESTful web services
- SQL, database querying, and performance tuning
- UX mock-up tools
- You are driven to launch high quality products and services
- You write well-tested and well-commented code, with good documentation
- You demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You help design user interfaces and then implement them with strict attention to the smallest details
- You are highly organized, motivated, and action-oriented