Interested in helping cars start talking to each other for collision avoidance? Does the thought of building tools to secure communications between millions of devices excite you? Do you want to make the world a better place? Then you might be a good fit for our team. We are out to make a difference and have fun doing it. Our dynamic team tackles challenging problems in an open and collaborative environment. We are always learning new things and pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We are active participants in our community including many local technology groups and local charities. We love what we do and we love where we work.
At ESCRYPT, we believe that security and privacy are important, no matter the size of the device. We are passionate about bringing safety and peace of mind to an increasingly connected and data-driven world. We use our breadth and depth of experience and our combined abilities to give our customers the edge they need against ever evolving threats.
We are currently seeking a technical leader who wants to help drive a big data analytics project.
Reporting to the Engineering Director at our Waterloo site you would have ownership over the technical decisions for the project. Working closely with the Product Owner you would help prioritize and break down features to meet customer deadlines.
- Lead the recruiting efforts to build up a full team of 8 people, with each person reporting into this role
- Actively participate in Sprint events, including: Planning, Standup, Backlog Refinement, Retrospective, and Review
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and other stakeholders to create epics, features, and stories
- Lead the development team to successful delivery of features and functionality each sprint cycle
- Provide mentorship to more junior members of the team
- Instill a DevOps mindset in others on the team
- Ensure the best technology choices are made, to allow for the most maintainable codebase longer term
- International travel
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact effectively with senior management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (bonus for German speaking)
- Proven ability to lead a development team
- Proficient with Hadoop
- Adept at system and software architectural design
- Expert with Object Oriented Language (Java preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with data analytics on encrypted data
- Understanding/experience with Machine Learning, Matlab, HortonWorks a bonus
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. Robert Bosch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Videos to Watch
Want to learn more about products developed at ESCRYPT Waterloo?
Explore links below
Perfectly Keyless : https://www.youtube/btBrfIrJNCI
In the news: Bosch V2X demonstration - ITS America June 2018 https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2018/06/05/bosch-develops-driver-warning-system/671125002/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/ESCRYPT
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/escrypt/
Website - https://www.escrypt.com/en