Director of Software Engineering
Director of Software Engineering
Position Status: Regular, Full time
Work location: Mississauga, Ontario
The Director of Software Engineering will manage and continue to grow a world‐class software engineering team and drive the successful delivery of platforms and products while contributing to the product strategy, platform, and roadmap. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a passion for building leading edge software and loves growing highly productive technical teams.
- Lead, coach and support a highly effective team of passionate engineers to foster a high-performance culture.
- Recruit world‐class engineering talent and participate in the recruiting flow including attracting, screening, and closing high caliber candidates.
- Build trusting relationships and collaborate cross departmentally to execute on company strategy.
- Set the technical direction for the team, drive the evolution of the systems architecture, and make appropriate technology choices.
- Manage the delivery of software using Agile best practices including continuous deployment, continuous integration and test driven development.
- Take a hands-‐on approach to the entire software development lifecycle: perform day‐to‐day project management to ensure successful, on-time releases; demonstrate ownership and accountability for the team’s delivery.
- Work effectively with product managers, engineers, sales, and the leadership team to allocate engineering resources appropriately across various projects, including balancing customer needs with longer term product roadmap needs.
- Implement processes and metrics to ensure that the team is extremely efficient and focused, and that products are market ready.
- Enable a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation and excellence while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our software engineering team
- Create a productive work environment, and keep the team focused and fulfilled.
- Ensure the team fully understands the goals and objectives of the company and how their work fits into the bigger picture.
This role reports directly to the CTO.
Skills & Knowledge:
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Proven experience leading engineering teams during the evolution of the Engineering function from start-‐up to mid lifecycle.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully hiring, managing, coaching and retaining world-‐class engineers.
- Software development experience in embedded software, cyber security, networking technologies, industrial IoT, and cloud based solutions
- Demonstrated experience leading the design, development, delivery and maintenance of large scale and high performance platforms
- Recent experience using Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of release management and deployment workflow processes, from development release through staging and production deployment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build productive cross-departmental relationships and motivate team members.
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you are a:
- Critical thinker and problem solver; proactive and energetic, creative and self-starter;
- Team-oriented and collaborator, committed to the organization and its vision.
What iS5Com offers:
At iS5 Communication Inc. our team is everything! You will have an opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative team. Some of the perks our team members have are:
- Medical, Dental and Vision care benefits
- Access to public transportation
- Flexible work hours
- Casual Friday dress code all week long
- Employee Referral Programs
- And more!
iS5 Communications Inc. is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights code. iS5 Communications Inc. will provide accommodations throughout all aspects of the recruitment process, upon request from candidates.