Director of Product Managment
Director of Product Management
Position Status: Regular, Full time
Work location: Mississauga, Ontario
The Director of Product Management will manage and grow a team of Product Managers to drive the successful delivery of platforms and products while contributing to the product strategy, platform, and roadmap. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a passion for building leading edge products, and loves growing highly productive technical teams.
- Determining customers' needs by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommending the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas.
- Introducing new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Determining product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Providing source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Working with Sales/Engineering/Solutions and other stake holders to assess needs driven by market.
- Assessing product market data by calling customers with Sales and Solutions team to ensure technical requirements are defined and to provide for competitive analysis.
- Providing special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Introducing and marketing new products by developing time-integrated plans with Sales, Marketing and Production.
- Providing for MRD to capture and articulate data for the product development team.
- Maintaining product roadmap and scheduling timely execution of product features and releases.
- Presenting to customers relating to pre-product delivery and future enhancements on functionality.
- As the company grows and scales, build and lead a team of Product Managers.
- BS /BE/BA or College Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, Networking, Marketing, Telecommunications.
- Product management experience and understanding or product management principles (Pragmatic Marketing Framework).
- Industry Certifications: CCNP, JNCP, CISSP or higher.
- 7 years demonstrated success in product lifecycle from business case to design and through development to launch and transforming internal and external feedback into product features and product enhancement.
- Strong knowledge of L2/L3 protocols – OSPF, BGP, MPLS, RSTP, TCP/IP, RADIUS/TACACS, IPV6, SNMP, NMS, and Cyber Security.
- Knowledge of power generation, distribution, and utilities markets and Industrial Networking IT/OT SCADA is an asset.
- Strong technical troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, rapid prototyping, or entrepreneurial experience.
- Strong leadership skills and able to manage/ influence resources including cross-functional teams.
- Advanced MS Suite knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken); people management.
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you are a:
- Critical thinker and problem solver; proactive and energetic, creative and self-starter;
- Team-oriented and collaborator, committed to the organization and its vision.
What iS5Com offers:
At iS5 Communication Inc. our team is everything! You will have an opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative team. Some of the perks our team members have are:
- Medical, Dental and Vision care benefits
- Access to public transportation
- Flexible work hours
- Casual Friday dress code all week long
- Employee Referral Programs
- And more!
iS5 Communications Inc. is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights code. iS5 Communications Inc. will provide accommodations throughout all aspects of the recruitment process, upon request from candidates.