eSentire® is the largest pure-play Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service provider, keeping organizations safe from constantly evolving cyber-attacks that technology alone cannot prevent. Its 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC), staffed by elite security analysts, hunts, investigates, and responds in real-time to known and unknown threats before they become business disrupting events. Protecting more than $6 trillion in corporate assets, eSentire absorbs the complexity of cybersecurity, delivering enterprise-grade protection and the ability to comply with growing regulatory requirements.
eSentire has been recognized in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™, Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers, and Gartner’s Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response. For more information, visit www.eSentire.com and follow @eSentire.
eSentire is looking for highly capable individuals to be part of a best-in-class cyber threat intelligence team. eSentire is a recognized industry leader and one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Tech company. We work in a collaborative and innovative work environment with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. Join us to gain rewarding and developing career experience with the ability to grow and make an impact from your work.
- Maintain the Threat Intelligence team’s external threat lab platform and tool sets, identify requirements for new tactical threats analysis capabilities, and contribute to the development of new automated analysis tools and techniques.
- Support integration efforts between the Threat Intelligence Platform and detection/response platforms.
- Develop new rules, deliver timely recommendations, and take all necessary actions to improve the detection, escalation, and containment of cyber security incidents.
- The manager will assign other duties if required.
- Bachelor’s degree in areas such Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant work experience.
- Experience in performing security incidents detection and handling in an operational environment such as SOC, CSIRT, CERT.
- At least 3 years experience programing in Python.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to understand complex problems while formally presenting them simplistically.
- Experience developing ingestion streams for structured/unstructured collection sources.
- Experience working with endpoint detection/response products.
- Experience with static/dynamic malware analysis.
- Work will be conducted remotely in the standard business environment during 9 to 5 office hours.
- The position does not require the availability for on-call rotation, extended travel, or 24/7 shift coverage.
- In case of emergency working hours might be modified.
Why a Career with eSentire?
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide free breakfast and refreshments, flexible hours, half day off birthdays, concierge services, RRSP matching program, subsidies for continuing education and health and wellness and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.