Sortable is fixing the broken ad-tech industry and simplifying operations for publishers worldwide. Our mission is to change the future of online advertising for publishers—and we need you to get there. We help publishers and revenue operations teams optimize yield. By providing the right data, we empower publishers to make better decisions about monetization, content, and audience acquisition. Fast-growing and privately funded, we’re proud to be a tech company with deep roots in Waterloo Region, Canada.
What you’ll do
As Accountant at Sortable, you are not just crunching numbers; you have a unique opportunity to impact our client experience by ensuring our clients understand their revenue and are receiving it in the correct amount, on time. You will work with our Customer Success team to build and maintain client relationships by interacting directly with our clients to answer billing questions and provide support for their businesses. Your relationships with the internal teams will enable you to implement better controls.
You will also be responsible for additional accounting duties such as:
- Full-cycle accounting
- Payroll entry (we all love the person who ensures we’re paid!)
- Processing and reconciling AP and AR
- Bank reconciliations
- Maintaining working papers and support for ledger accounts
- Working with multiple internal teams to maintain and balance complex spreadsheets
- Preparing and reviewing monthly financial statements to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Analyzing results against forecasts to determine trends and discrepancies
- Preparing monthly sales tax filings
Requirements/what it takes
We want you to feel great about your application, so here are some things we’ll be looking for in a strong application:
- Advanced skills in Google Sheets and/or Excel
- Very strong attention to detail
- Experience developing and implementing controls
- 5 years of experience in an accounting role
- Post secondary degree/diploma in accounting and/or business
- Strong customer service skills: able to explain financial/billing concepts to various stakeholders
- Self starter being able to work autonomously
- Problem solving: being adaptable and can roll with the punches that come with a tech company
Bonus points and nice to have qualities
Want to have your application stand out? First show us you have the above then let us know how you have some (or all, you superstar) of the below:
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Experience working with a commercial banking platform
- Experience working with an ERP system
- Experience working in a tech startup
What do we offer you?
You’ll have the opportunity to make things happen at Sortable. We’re proud to be recognized with accolades for our company growth. We’ve been on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 list for three years in a row. We have won awards for our workplace culture (Digiday WorkLife, Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers). Not bad for a company that started as four engineers in 2011.
Our competitive advantage? Our people.
Your growth: At Sortable, we value autonomy, taking ownership of your role, and continuous learning. Your growth here is important and we’ll invest in your success with training, feedback, and development.
Our culture: We’re fiercely obsessed with our culture. It’s protected, guided, and influenced by people like you who value transparency, collaboration, and diverse perspectives and experiences. We believe that our workplace should reflect the world we want to live in and work hard to make it a reality.
How to succeed at Sortable: The underlying foundation of who we are and how we behave is built on a team of individuals who make others feel safe to exchange feedback, respect differences, and take calculated risks. Productive. Curious. Smart. Nice. Selfless. Think you’d be a perfect fit? We’d love to hear from you.
Perks and the nice stuff!
We make sure you’re able to come in and do amazing work. In addition to unlimited snacks (a nod to our startup beginnings), you’ll get perks and benefits to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Catered lunches and a stocked fridge to keep you full and focused
- Equity in Sortable so you have stake in the company and decisions
- Life @ Sortable initiatives like volunteer hours, learning credits, and fitness credits to invest in your well-being
Plus all the fun stuff that our staff dream up, like Cocktail Fridays, solar eclipse viewing parties, beach dress up days, fitness challenges, talent shows, team sports and clubs. Because we create our best ideas when we’re inspired, comfortable, and engaged in the work we do and the people we see everyday.
We’re here to help.
At Sortable, we're dedicated to ensuring equal employment opportunities. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be held in confidence.