Terminal is a Remote Teams company that helps growing tech companies quickly hire the engineers they need to scale. By building remote development teams and supporting the entire employee experience—from providing premium shared workspaces to fostering community—Terminal offers a simple way for business leaders to focus on what matters most: build great products. Founded in 2017, Terminal is backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Thiel Capital, and Atomic. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California and has offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Kitchener-Waterloo, Toronto and Guadalajara (opening in March).
As Senior Office Administrator at Terminal, you will help us create and maintain a welcoming, positive, and optimal work environment for all of our team members!
You will work closely with the Human Resources and Operations Teams to build the internal Terminal community, plan events and develop employee engagement initiatives.
If you're a team player with a positive attitude and you have the ability to keep up in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, this is the role for you!
What You'll Do:
- Maintain a well-organized office environment
- Report and follow up on maintenance requests
- Manage member requests
- Greet and welcome visitors and answer phones
- Assist with onboarding new hires
- Manage purchasing and vendor relations
- Reconcile purchases and support month-end processing
- Manage the Health & Safety committee and compliance
- Identify and action service gaps and opportunities
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Establish the internal events committees
- Plan, facilitate and attend team, volunteer and partnership events
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve member experience
- Generate relevant and compelling content for the monthly newsletter and Instagram
Who you are:
- 4+ years of office management experience
- Experienced in managing all aspects of workspace and facility day to day operations
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Personable and outgoing with the ability to connect and work with diverse groups
- Event planning expert: you can plan and project-manage engaging events
- Effectively multi task: you can handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
Benefits and perks:
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven, fast-paced, and well-funded startup
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Life and disability insurance
- RRSP plan and meaningful equity
- Office snack and catered lunch
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.